BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - Page 43Register Today!
- Hey vana!Did your email specifically say you are guaranteed a spot for Aug?
- Nov 7, '12 by Panda82I don't entirely understand that. They say it's a competition each time but yet people can be guaranteed a spot for the next intake? My guess is you are probably #1 or #2 on the hold list and they are likely thinking you will be getting in for January.
And now we sit and wait some more. Does anyone know who I can contact to ask what I can do to strengthen my application for August?
- I just replied to the email that was sent and asked how to strengthen my application!
- Nov 7, '12 by careubcNursinghopeful1234: Can you let us know if they respond to you? I want to do the same but I feel like they might not respond as they are probably really busy...
- Nov 7, '12 by vana_Yes my email said that I was on top of the hold list (one of the top spots) and it specifically said I was in for August so I can defer which I think I'm going to do since holidays are coming up and I can make more money working
- Yes I will for sure! I know they may not respond right away..but at least ill have some insight I hope!
- Nov 7, '12 by SIMBURGERHi everyone,
I am on the hold list too and am guaranteed a spot for the August intake as well. The e-mail said the following: "this offer is not being sent to all hold list candidates only those in the top positions. I just e-mailed deferring to the August intake because I was planning to defer regardless.
Good luck to you all and I cannot wait to meet you guys!
- Nov 7, '12 by ty_botHi all,
I'm just trying to figure this out. Has anybody received a non-offer? Or is everyone considered hold-list until a week or so down the road?
Also, when you received your hold-list email, does it state for everyone that the registration fee is waived if you apply for August 2013?
Thanks for the help, congrats to those that are in, and best of luck to the hold-listed.
- Nov 7, '12 by Panda82I have also emailed them. I also informed them that if I am unsuccessful in obtaining a seat for the January 2013 intake I would like to re-apply for August. I am absolutely 100% determined to get in! And vana, congrats! You were so close and can still breathe a sigh of relief knowing you are definitely in for August!
- Nov 7, '12 by BulmaBriefsThere are 76 people on the holdlist I just called. Those who are on the top of the holdlist are those who can be deferred to august or would most likely get into January's program. For the rest of us though, like myself, the chances are very slim and I have to recompete but my application will be stronger next time. I will wavier my fee for August though. keep up the hope! Good luck to you all and I shall see u all on here online when we're competing for August's intake!Last edit by BulmaBriefs on Nov 7, '12