BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - Page 41Register Today!
- Nov 6, '12 by BulmaBriefsHaha, out of all the days!!! It HAD to be today!! It couldn't have been tomorrow, next week, next month or even last week. Nope, it just had to be today lol. That's okay though, even if it's just a matter of a day or two, we are bound to hear back from them someday. At least now I can study for my exam. Sending good vibes to you all and thank you for the feedback, Smiley65.
I'm still going to keep checking mybcit though until 8pm. Then I will stop and continue again tomorrow. I emailed the nursing department so if I get a response then I will notify everyone on here. Until then, if anyone hears anything please keep us postedLast edit by BulmaBriefs on Nov 6, '12
- Nov 6, '12 by ProgressorMy deferral was granted. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.
- Nov 7, '12 by dog_printsSide note:
I was not aware that upon provisional acceptance, we are to pay level tuition fees in full by November 8, 2012. For me, that's $3300, which I don't have at the moment. I was planning on applying for a student loan later this month once I've heard back on whether I've been accepted because no use in applying unless I know I'll be going to nursing school in January. I looked into requesting a tuition fee deferral, but one of the requirements is that I need to have been approved for Government Student Loans first. Obviously even if I apply for a student loan now, I'm not gonna be able to have $3300 in 1 day.
I don't want to lose my seat because I haven't paid my tuition. I am going to email the admissions officer, but I worry that she won't be able to see my email soon enough.
Any other suggestions? Please and thank you.
- Nov 7, '12 by sugardustTo "dog_prints",
Wow!!! $3300 is a lot of money! I was thinking about the tuition fee too before I applied to the BCIT nursing program. For me, I ask my parents to lend me some money and return those money later on when I have received my student loan. Or, pay the tuition fee through creditcard, but do this at your own risk since you have to pay them back within 1 month. ...so the best choice for you is to ask your parents or your friends for help. Good luck!!!
- Nov 7, '12 by smiley65I spoke with financial aid when I was accepted and as long as I had applied for a student loan (through studentaid bc), they said it would be granted. Speak to admissions and let them know your situation, that you will pay it as soon as you can, then talk to financial aid. They also have emergency funding if you ever get in a bind and need to borrow extra.
- Nov 7, '12 by dog_printssugardust and smiley65: I spoke with financial aid and managed to get a hold of the admissions officer today, so it seems to be sorted out. At least for the time being, I know what I need to do. Thank you for your suggestions!
- Nov 7, '12 by memegumiI am only on the holdlist Does anyone know how many people are on the holdlist?
- Nov 7, '12 by careubcWhen did you find out memgumi?? I don't know how many would be on it, sorry.
At least you still have a chance!
- Nov 7, '12 by memegumiI just got the email... Like half a hour ago
- Nov 7, '12 by animalhandlerdog_prints:
I am in the exact same situation! I just talked to the financial aid office, and they told me the same thing smily65 said (she is always right!). As long as you can provide your student loan application number on the fee deferral application, it should be approved. She also told me to get in contact with my admissions officer and explain that because I will be sending in my fee deferral application tonight/tomorrow, it won't be approved in time for the tuition deadline. She assured me that as long as we kept in contact with our admissions officer and paid the committment fee, our seat would not be given away! Hope this helps- it certainly calmed me down!
Fingers crossed for everybody!!!