BCIT August 2012Register Today!
- by Jadebl Mar 8, '12Hello everyone,I wanted to start this forum because I'm getting nervouse about my application to the BSN program at Bcit. I appled for this August (2012) and I am still awaiting a reply. Has anyone else applied? I would love to hear about your application so I have something to compare myself against and could know ways to improve. Please let me knowCheers!
- 33,882 Views
- Mar 12, '12 by yohaneHi Jadebl,
Thanks so much for starting this thread. I am in the same boat and it is driving me nuts!! For me this is my third attempt at getting into the program. I got shortlisted and then on a waitlist in Jan 2012. I obviously didn't get in but they were nice enough to waiver my application fee this time. If you want to compare prereqs, I have met all of the prerequisites, and am now taking ENGL 1177, 2 LIBS courses and Health Management. I finish these courses in April, but am not sure how they weigh all the information. Through my courses I have met people who have been preaccepted, either because of a high placement in the waitlist for Jan, and another person who deferred their enrolment for Aug. Well thanks again, and good luck. Wow typing this out is like a form therapy. If there is anyone else in the same situation please feel free to join in the conversation. Good luck to all.
- Mar 12, '12 by Jadeblhi yohane!
thanks for replying to this. this is great. as for me- basically i have met everything (i think). i will be graduating from ubc this term with a bsc in resource conservation. i have not taken courses from bcit but im hoping my degree will help. i dunno though. we will see!
- Mar 15, '12 by kaaychenHey yohane! Are the two lib courses you're taking online or in class?
- Mar 15, '12 by kaaychenHey Jadebl
I have been accepted for the aug 2012 semester after being waitlisted from jan 2012. I also have all the prerequisites and completed other courses that count as my electives. I've been told the only thing, now, that I should take are the LIB courses
- Mar 16, '12 by yohaneHey Kaaychen,
Congrats on getting in the Aug intake. Right now I am taking Libs 7010 (Literature in Leadership) and Libs 7013 (Race, Class, Gender intersections) onsite at BCIT burnaby. I took Libs 7001 (Critical Reading and Writing) last semester on site as well. The only online Libs course I took was Business Ethics. I find taking Libs courses on campus more interesting and overall less work.
Kaaychen, can I ask when did you know you were accepted into the Aug intake? I wonder how many people are waitlisted?
- Mar 16, '12 by yohaneIs there anyone out there who has heard from the Nursing program at BCIT yet for Aug? I know there are people who were waitlisted in Jan and are in now. Everyone else will find out by the end of the month, but has anyone in this heard anything yet?
- Mar 17, '12 by NurseDC90Hi there,
I just checked my BCIT mailbox, and I received a letter saying that I got shortlisted!
In the letter, they mentioned that there was 600 applicants for August Intake (2012) and they have selected 200 as short-listed. From those 200, only 96 applicants will be offered a seat based on all documentation.
I hope you guys hear from them soon too!
- Mar 17, '12 by yohaneHi NurseDC90,
Congratulations on getting shortlisted . You got past the first big hurddle! Good luck in the next part too. Yohane
- Mar 18, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to the Canadian Nursing forums.