BCIT August 2012
- 0Mar 8, '12 by JadeblHello everyone,I wanted to start this forum because I'm getting nervouse about my application to the BSN program at Bcit. I appled for this August (2012) and I am still awaiting a reply. Has anyone else applied? I would love to hear about your application so I have something to compare myself against and could know ways to improve. Please let me knowCheers!
- 36,576 Visits
- 0Mar 12, '12 by yohaneHi Jadebl,
Thanks so much for starting this thread. I am in the same boat and it is driving me nuts!! For me this is my third attempt at getting into the program. I got shortlisted and then on a waitlist in Jan 2012. I obviously didn't get in but they were nice enough to waiver my application fee this time. If you want to compare prereqs, I have met all of the prerequisites, and am now taking ENGL 1177, 2 LIBS courses and Health Management. I finish these courses in April, but am not sure how they weigh all the information. Through my courses I have met people who have been preaccepted, either because of a high placement in the waitlist for Jan, and another person who deferred their enrolment for Aug. Well thanks again, and good luck. Wow typing this out is like a form therapy. If there is anyone else in the same situation please feel free to join in the conversation. Good luck to all.
- 0Mar 12, '12 by Jadeblhi yohane!
thanks for replying to this. this is great. as for me- basically i have met everything (i think). i will be graduating from ubc this term with a bsc in resource conservation. i have not taken courses from bcit but im hoping my degree will help. i dunno though. we will see!
- 0Mar 16, '12 by yohaneHey Kaaychen,
Congrats on getting in the Aug intake. Right now I am taking Libs 7010 (Literature in Leadership) and Libs 7013 (Race, Class, Gender intersections) onsite at BCIT burnaby. I took Libs 7001 (Critical Reading and Writing) last semester on site as well. The only online Libs course I took was Business Ethics. I find taking Libs courses on campus more interesting and overall less work.
Kaaychen, can I ask when did you know you were accepted into the Aug intake? I wonder how many people are waitlisted?
- 0Mar 17, '12 by NurseDC90Hi there,
I just checked my BCIT mailbox, and I received a letter saying that I got shortlisted!
In the letter, they mentioned that there was 600 applicants for August Intake (2012) and they have selected 200 as short-listed. From those 200, only 96 applicants will be offered a seat based on all documentation.
I hope you guys hear from them soon too!