SFSU Fall 2012 Admission Hopefuls - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 20, '12 by bombomHey everyone,
@sunshiine: last year, acceptances were given out late March and anyone on the waitlist was notified of their rank by April.
As for University vs program acceptances, I believe you should be accepted into the university first before anything else.
Good luck to everyone applying!
- Feb 21, '12 by sunshiineThanks bombom, it's gonna be a long month!
- Mar 7, '12 by IamgonnabeanurseHi there, I am also a SFSU nursing applicant!
Overall GPA 3.32
Pre-Req GPA 3.68
TEAS VersionV 90.7
112hours of volunteering at hospital
Fluent in second language
It's my first time applying for nursing program and I have no clue
I am so scared!!!!!!! Going nutty waiting ......
Anyone can give me some idea whether there is any hope for me to get in?
- Mar 7, '12 by sunshiine@Iamgonnabeanurse (love your user name btw!)
I am also a current applicant, so I cannot tell you whether or not there is hope for you, but let me just say our stats are VERY similar and I would like to think that they are pretty good! My overall GPA is 3.3, prereq is 3.61, TEAS 94.7 and I have 200 volunteer hours in a hospital plus multi-cultural experience in Honduras with Global Brigades providing access to clean water in underdeveloped communities. So I feel like we have a pretty good shot!! I am going crazy waiting also. I check my email like 10 times a day.
- Mar 7, '12 by Spiffyness@sunshiine Wow your multi-cultural experience in Honduras sounds so adventurous/fun! That must've been great a fun experience. I think you have a good chance too, you have a good TEAS score and lot of the optional points! Good luck!
- Mar 14, '12 by vickymarieYou guys are amazing for holding out and sticking it out for SFSU. I'm a former SFSU student - used to work at the DPRC. I'm actually still in the applicant pool for Fall 2012 but even if I'm accepted, I won't be going because I was accepted at Sac State.
It was well worth the move, though - applications for the Sac State program were due at about the same time as SFSU, but I got my decision in November and started school by January, which seemed far more desirable for me.
But anyway -- I went to one of the informational meetings about nursing admissions at SFSU when I was still there and not sure if I'd move, and the admissions officer literally said the foreign language proficiency points were "throwaway points" that they gave to anyone who asked for them, so just a word of advice to take care if you think they give you a huge boost.
GOOD LUCK, GUYS! I'm rooting for you!
- Mar 14, '12 by SpiffynessThe CSUS applications weren't available until Feb 15 though (I'm a bit confused) So how were you admitted in November?
And what do you mean to take care if we think it'll give us a boost? Are you saying that they don't make a difference?
- Mar 15, '12 by vickymarieThe CSUS Fall 2012 app wasn't available until February, but the Spring 2012 app at CSUS was available the same time as SFSU's Fall 2012 app late last year (it was due about 2 weeks earlier if I recall the dates), so I was applying to both programs at the same time, but not for the same semester. I'm in nursing school in Sac right now.
And about the "take care" bit -- the admissions officer said himself at the info session that the foreign language were points that were sort of just handed out to anyone who claimed proficiency, and he said that most people do claim it, but they don't have an established process for verifying foreign language proficiency so they just take you at your word if you say you're proficient in a language. The volunteer hours or multicultural experience would behoove you, but from how it was portrayed at the info session, foreign language proficiency is given to so many applicants that it hardly would make a difference.
- Mar 29, '12 by AvillHello all!
I am also waiting on SFSU and CSUEB. I am actually at USF. I got accepted into the nursing program in December, but the reality of it is that the program is a year longer than usual, and its VERY expensive. So I am praying that I will get into one of these schools.
I can't remember my GPA for the prerequisites, I think I had a 3.7-3.8ish. My overal GPA is 3.64, it's not the best but it isn't the worst either. My TEAS was an 80.00%. I Speak a different language and had over 200 hours of volunteer work. I also have experience in multicultural environments. Therefore, I am more hopeful of getting into SFSU than CSUEB.
Please comment when you all start finding out your admission status.
- Mar 29, '12 by SpiffynessHow long is the program at USF?