SFSU Fall 2012 - Page 33Register Today!
- Oct 12, '12 by chichibabyHi all! Hope you all are doing well!!!
Quick question - to all those who are starting the nursing program Spring 2013, did any of you receive any information about orientation yet? I have not received or heard of anything so far and I'm a bit worried.
- Oct 16, '12 by LameI got an email saying that orientation is gonna be on Nov. 29th.
- Oct 25, '12 by ms.chia.An email and orientation packet went out today!!! Yayyyyyyyy.
- Oct 26, '12 by chichibabyYay!! I just got it today too Can't wait to finally meet you all!
- Oct 26, '12 by LameI'm so excited guys!!
- Oct 30, '12 by ms.chia.Does anyone know if we HAVE to get titers? I got a TDAP shot recently but it seems like the forms require a titer...
- May 13 by meekmeek62Hello ALl! I just got into Cohort 10- I am so excited! I was wondering if there was anyone looking to sell their old books (I know I am early out the gate, but better early then never!)- I don't start until the end of August, so if you are currently using them now, but know you won't be by then, I can certainly wait
Also, I do know that it is $300/unit. Off the top of your head, can anyone tell me roughly how much tuition was just for the first semester (or for the whole year if you happen to have that)- I am not sure if clinical hours/rotations are counted as $300/unit too...
- May 13 by CharmantUnJessica--
Normally I'd say you have the right idea to get the books now! BUT SFSU is actually changing their whole academic program starting with your cohort (example: Med Surg will be in the final two semesters instead of just the second semester). It is very up in the air right now what your books will be as well as how many units you will have your first semester to calculate the total cost of your tuition per semester. Hang tight for now. If it really bugs you that you're not doing anything, start reading Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills by Perry/Potter. No guarantee that you'll be using that book in the first semester like we did, or that you'll even have Skills Lab during the first semester, but it was always referred to as "the bible." We also used Calculate with Confidence--we were expected to do that book on our own to be prepared for a math test every semester. Don't know if that will change.
Other than that--congratulations on getting in and starting your new adventure! I recommend starting a new thread on allnurses.com for your Cohort....