Sac state (CSUS) nursing spring 2013 - page 9
by sacnurse | 32,762 Views | 331 Comments
Hey, is anyone applying to sac state for spring 2012? Do you think it will be easier to get into since they won't accept any non-sacstate students? What do u think the cut off will be? Sorry for all these questions. Has... Read More
- 0Quote from hbadheshaI believe it's something they have you do in one big exam at csus. Some schools have you take a calculation exam every semester, some the first semester. From what I see it appears to be conversions from micrograms to grams, stuff like that. Just knowing your basic math skills.Crebs & Kaiamc What is this calculation exam you guys are talking about? Is it for pharmacology class or is it just an overall class that everyone needs to take?
- 0Does anybody understand the correct procedure for turning in our Healthstream stuff? I just printed out the transcript to turn in with the other stuff that's due by the 26th, but the email didn't say to turn in a printout with the rest of the forms due on the 26th. This is probably a stupid question but don't want to make any mistakes. The instructions say to hit a special button, but because it doesn't say to deliver a hard copy I find this to not be as clear as it could be and want to make sure I'm hitting the correct button. I work with electronic submissions a lot and there are a lot of different procedures so I promise I'm not as stupid as this may make me sound. hehe
Anybody complete all 4 modules yet? I got so excited I did them all right away after receiving my email.
- 0Quote from hbadheshagoogle dosagehelp. Can't post the link here but it's quite obvious.Crebs- is there any way to study for it? Or do they eventually send us material to study before the actual exam? I have yet to do the modules, but I'll make sure to get to it soon!
Also, do you still have to take pharmacology? I want to take a wintersession course but I haven't found one. Any ideas for that?
- 0Nov 17, '12 by kaiamcQuote from crebsYes this is pretty accurate, we took a long test and a few quizzes but I have heard other higher semesters dosage calcs get more detailed and complicated. Your mentor will likely be able to help you with study tips though. You'll meet them at orientation.I believe it's something they have you do in one big exam at csus. Some schools have you take a calculation exam every semester, some the first semester. From what I see it appears to be conversions from micrograms to grams, stuff like that. Just knowing your basic math skills.
- 0OK Kaiamc, I have a ton of questions about dress code/equipment I'd love if you could answer them all but don't feel obligated.
1) I found a list online of items to purchase for CSUS from a past semester, but it doesn't mention a blood pressure cuff, watch, specifics on shoes and dress code, etc. Would be able to give a brief overview of the equipment that we'll end up needing to buy so that I can start my bargain shopping and dress code info.
2) Any recommendations for things they don't tell you before you start that would be good to know?
3) What's in those goodie bags they give you at orientation?
4) Any preference for either of the stethoscopes they give you the choice of?
5) Will we be able to purchase an extra name badge to be prepared in case we forget one at home.
6) What's with the schedule overlapping and having so many sections for 80 students? Several of the listed lab times conflict with the times for the courses that are supposed to be for all students. Is the published schedule just there for time blocking and they'll set us up later?
7) Are they going to schedule ALL of our classes, or do we have to choose sections for some of the core courses?
I know, lots of questions that will be answered at some point soon anyway, but I'm so anxious and excited and want to be prepared as early as possible.
- 0Nov 18, '12 by crebsQuote from hbadheshaMedical Dosage CalculationsCrebs- Thanks! Ill make sure to look into that. I'm going to work on the modules tomorrow Also, I took pharmacology last semester, so I'm done with that requirement. I'm not sure where you could find the course during a winter session either; sorry /: