National University Nursing ProgramRegister Today!
- by kharris719 Nov 15, '11I am starting National University (Fresno, CA) in January. I will do all of my prereqs in a year and then I can apply for the program! Does anybody know about this program? Is it hard? Are the instructors good? I know it is alot of money but the idea of becoming an RN in 40 months from start to finish including prereqs is worth it to me! My expected graduation date would be March 2015! Every other program is going to take me way longer! I am excited but would like to know more info! I would appreciate any info you may have!
- Nov 15, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to CA Nursing Programs Discussion for more response.
- Nov 24, '11 by queen2beeHi kharris179!!! I go to NU Fresno campus and so far its a really great school. Im not in the program just yet but i am applying for the program for the May 2012 cohort. From what my admission advisor told me, the program is going to be pretty hard so its very important to stay on point with your classes especially ur science courses and ur math course(thats if u havent taken them already some where else). Its not going to be easy but thats actually a good thing. What is going to be ur first class??
- Nov 24, '11 by queen2beesorry i meant 719
- Jan 15, '12 by kharris719Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I haven't been on for awhile! I start with English next month! Thanks for the reply. I also wanted to ask you....have your classes there been really difficult? Is there alot of writing? I am just wanting to get a feel of what I have to look forward to. I am already expecting not to have a life outside of school and work.
- Jan 15, '12 by queen2beeyes, there is quite of bit of writing. so far in every class i have to write some kind of essay or research paper. the classes havent been too difficult except for the online classes. they annoy me to the fullest. i struggle with every last one of them because they give so much work and tons of writing. if i were u i would try my best to avoid them lol.
- Oct 2, '12 by Amal_559Hi! I'm also looking for a fast paced program in Fresno that will help me become a RN, and I been looking at every option without a waiting list, and so far It's tough . How do you like NU? Do u have to be a LVN first to attend the RN Program? I would love to find a place where I can do the prereqs + the RN program under one roof instead of transferring all over the place. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
- Oct 3, '12 by queen2beei just recently moved from fresno but you dont have to be a LVN to get into their nursing program. just make sure when you apply that you do extremely well on the TEAS. you only get three tries for their program ever so do your best. are you wanting to do the generic entry or the accelerated???
- Oct 4, '12 by Amal_559Quote from queen2beeQUEEN2BE,i just recently moved from fresno but you dont have to be a LVN to get into their nursing program. just make sure when you apply that you do extremely well on the TEAS. you only get three tries for their program ever so do your best. are you wanting to do the generic entry or the accelerated???
Thanks for the input! I'm not sure what's the difference between the two , As of now I only have an AS Degree in Medical Assisting so i'm guessing Generic Entry??? Do you know how long this course is (with prereq's time included)? My other option is Gurnick Academy in Fresno for the LVN Program, but pretty pricey at $30,000+!, And I'm hearing its realllllllllly hard for new grads to get hired as an LVN anywhere because of "lack of experience", So not sure if I want to be stuck with that bill and no job after completing the program...Hope thats not the case.
- Oct 4, '12 by Esme12$30,000.00 for a LPN program. That's outrageous.! Will you be prepared to pay $500.00 to $800.00 dollars a month when youa re finished????