LAVC Fall 2012Register Today!
- by Mcfrito May 17, '12Hey everyone, just wanted to see how many people applied to Los Angeles Valley College for the Fall of 2012. Or any other community college out there.
I applied and im still waiting but im scared i wont get in.
- 4,730 Views
- May 25, '12 by nurseoftheworldI applied there, as well as COC, GCC, and Pierce. I got acceptances at both COC and GCC, and am wait listed #19 at Pierce. I don't think LAVC will send out acceptances until June. Long wait, I know. Hope you applied to other schools for back up?
- May 30, '12 by McfritoQuote from nurseoftheworldhey there! thanks for the reply. wow congrats on getting in at 2 schools! i currently attend pierce and i heard they are very competitive. i actually only applied to valley. because of my low gpa (science gpa) im kinda afraid. :/ im praying to GOD i get in to LAVC. but im applying to other schools soon. like moorpark, glendale, and LA county.I applied there, as well as COC, GCC, and Pierce. I got acceptances at both COC and GCC, and am wait listed #19 at Pierce. I don't think LAVC will send out acceptances until June. Long wait, I know. Hope you applied to other schools for back up?
- Jun 1, '12 by nurseoftheworldAll of the colleges are super competitive! Have you considered retaking some of your science courses to bring up your GPA? I know that it seems like tons of work to repeat, but it will help you a lot when it comes to getting your name drawn. I was lucky enough to get a 4.0 in my sciences, plus a 89% TEAS score. So much sweat and tears came with that, but it was worth it to have options of choosing schools! But, if you are unable to repeat them, I know that you are not alone. I have heard that LATTC is a little more relaxed about grades and do more of a "first come, first served" acceptance. You should also check out that option. GOOD LUCK to you!! Hopefully, LAVC will let us know soon. I already declined my seat at COC, and I am about 99% sure I am going to GCC night/weekend program. However, I live only 2 miles away from LAVC...so that might make me think twice!
- Jun 2, '12 by Mcfritowow nice! im glad you did great.
yeah ive asked over and over at different colleges and the majority either take away points for repeating or they just dont accept repeats at all. :/
i also live like 5 minutes away from pierce. lol so it would be a hassle to get to LATTC. but i talked to valley and they didnt tell me i wouldnt get in. lol so im still crossing my fingers.
lets see what they tell us (which i hope is soon) it would be great if u got into LAVC since you live so close.
- Jun 5, '12 by TulipsoniaHi guys! I also applied to all those but only got accepted to pierce! I'm still waiting on valley also :/ does anyone know when they will send out anything?
- Jun 6, '12 by McfritoQuote from Tulipsoniahey congrats on getting in to pierce!Hi guys! I also applied to all those but only got accepted to pierce! I'm still waiting on valley also :/ does anyone know when they will send out anything?
im not sure when valley sends out their answers. :/ i hope soon. i hate waiting lol
out of all the schools you applied to, which school was the one you really wanted to get into?
- Jun 7, '12 by TulipsoniaValley would be the most convenient for me lol I live like 10-15 min away! I commute to Smc so pierce won't be so bad but it would be nice to be close to school this time. And yes you're right. Waiting sucks! I check my email like every hour -__-
- Jun 7, '12 by Mcfritolol im actually 5 minutes away from pierce so pierce would be my first choice, although i didnt apply.
is this your first time applying to programs?
- Jun 8, '12 by TulipsoniaHaha This is my first time applying so I got extremely lucky! And I wish valley would hurry up already.