CSULB Fall 2012 BSN - page 60
by Spiffyness | 129,790 Views | 1285 Comments
Hi! I think the CSULB School of nursing recently post new pool statistics including those who were chosen for Fall 2011. Knowing that the rating average is 8.91/10, that seems like a huge difference than the previous... Read More
- 0Apr 4, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixI am right there with ya Lucy. My score sucks so I am not hoping for much.
I applied to other BSN programs and CCs as back up. If you apply to really good CC programs, you will have a good chance of getting a job. I heard RCC is a good one. I applied there with a good amount of points. Also, Chaffey, but you need to take some stupid math class that they only offer there. Rio Hondo isn't too bad either, though you will have to start NEXT fall (they do like a partial foundations class in the spring or summer). PCC is good too. Hard to get in, you need all As and you need to be lucky for the lottery.
This doesn't really change my plans...I luckily applied to CCs as back ups. As for a job with an ADN, my current job director doesn't care what degree you have, so I am safe there. I just want to be in already. Of course I want my bachelors, but this economy is really making it hard for us to get into those programs. All we can do is wait for CSULBs decision and that will help us make the next decision. Besides, from the way that people didn't get back to or refused the interview, makes me hopeful that in this pool, there might be a good handful of people choosing to go somewhere else. I mean, we may be high on the alternates list. I know I am on that list. No need for anyone to sugar coat it to me. I just wish they would let us know already! I am hoping for next week.
- 0Apr 4, '12 by CluelessNursingGuyThe budget is NOT even final yet. The only semester transfers will most likely not be taken is Spring 2013. The budget is constantly being changed and challenged. I don't think someone can accurately guess that what is to come in year+'s time.
There is only 2 more weeks left of waiting. Don't psyche yourself out.
- 0Apr 6, '12 by lucyc66Yeah, who knows. I'm just sharing what my instructor shared with us. He's sort of my only link to the goings-on at csulb so until i hear otherwise i'm going off of what he tells me.
@Dark yeah, i've read a bunch on discussions on the bsn vs adn thing, and the concensus seems to be that in the real world (money-wise) there isn't much difference. It just kind of sucks because i've been completing the csu curriculum for the past 3 years.
- 0Apr 6, '12 by tiger07@lucy, you're right. CSULB will definitely NOT accept transfers for spring 2013. It's not a "maybe", it's an ice cold NO. Just saw this on CSU Mentor....Only 8 csu's are accepting spring 2013 applications. And that's only if you're a transfer & have your associates..
"Spring 2013 Term: Eight CSU campuses will accept applications only for community college transfer students who complete the Associate Degree for Transfer, which was made possible through Senate Bill 1440. The 8 campuses include Channel Islands, Chico, East Bay, Fullerton, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Francisco, and Sonoma. The priority application filing period for spring 2013 will be August 1, 2012 through August 31, 2012. Other applications will not be considered."
So, for those who were planning on applying to CSULB, CSUSM, or SDSU for the Spring 2013 term, you are S.O.L.
Oh, and I got my rejection letter from csulb in the mail, so if you haven't received one yet, I think you should start thinkin' positive & feeling good. But, I was not invited to the interviews so idk if there will be another wave of rejection letters for those that were low on the alternates list, or if they just mailed all of them at once. I'm still waiting on a couple schools...but if I don't get into any nursing programs, my plan is to get my Bachelor's in another field..I've gotten in to a few schools for my alternate majors. Then I'll go for an accelerated program at a private college or out of state. It takes about the same amount of time to get your BSN...3 years....just costs more $
- 0Apr 6, '12 by cali_nature_girlI am pretty sure that the SON said they would post a list of the people who got accepted and the alternates on a window at the School of Nursing so for those of you who currently attend CSULB please keep an eye out for the list and let us know when it's up I seriously hope they don't only use snail mail to let us know.. Email is so much faster
- 0Apr 6, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixWow..this thread is dead and them BAM!
Rises from the dead!
In all seriousness though, I am surprised they denied people now. Why not send denial letters when you send interview invites?!
Just a thought...
Anywho...so who attends CSULB? Wanna uh take a pic of the posting outside of the nursing office?!
I would gladly like to see my alternate number from a pic over the letter that starts with "unfortunately......blahdiddyblahblahblah"