CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - page 97
by gaspu8myc00kie 107,433 Views | 1038 Comments
Hello, I thought I'd make this thread for the new application group... even though it's a bit late since we have to all apply soon! Anyway! I want to apply for the Fall 2012 term but I had some questions. I am an current... Read More
- 1May 10, '12 by Sirena80Haha! I think he meant it goes until 4 or 5 pm. I think it starts at 8 or 9.
Kosmic- Since you did this last year, when did you hear about all the health and background stuff? How about classes? Don't we have to register for classes way before orientation? I have been assuming they would send us some kind of admission packet, but it's been more than 2 weeks already and I still don't have the hard copy of my acceptance letter.
- 0This year the SoN decided to send emails instead of mailing acceptance letters. As for the health and background check, we will get it some time during July. The SoN will give us a sheet of paper(in our packet) with the list of health requirements that needs to be cleared by the doctor before you start the 2nd quarter of classes. Also, we will be registering for classes on orientation day.
- 0May 10, '12 by Sirena80Oh I see. Cool. When we register for our classes, is it at the university orientation or the nursing orientation? Will they tell us which classes to register for? I'm assuming it probably isn't a good idea to take any additional general ed classes in the first quarter. Sorry I have so many questions, you seem to be the only person I know who has some insight into the process! Thank you!
- 0May 10, '12 by caligirl21Quote from kosmic2003So I am confused, are we really expected to register for classes the NIGHT before they start?? How are we supposed to plan our schedules (like people who have to arrange childcare for example) if we don't know when our classes will be? And what about people who are registering for general ed classes earlier, they won't know if the classes will overlap or not! That just doesn't seem like an efficient system at all :/hahaha no problem. They will give you a list of classes you need to register for and you will register for classes at home once the orientation is done.
- 0You will be taking 11-12 units during the first semester of the nursing program. I doubt you will want to overwhelm yourself with all the GE classes.
@bellesca clinicals will start 2nd quarter. 1st quarter classes are our foundation on how to operate in a clinical setting.