CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - Page 97Register Today!
- May 10, '12 by Sirena80Haha! I think he meant it goes until 4 or 5 pm. I think it starts at 8 or 9.
Kosmic- Since you did this last year, when did you hear about all the health and background stuff? How about classes? Don't we have to register for classes way before orientation? I have been assuming they would send us some kind of admission packet, but it's been more than 2 weeks already and I still don't have the hard copy of my acceptance letter.
- This year the SoN decided to send emails instead of mailing acceptance letters. As for the health and background check, we will get it some time during July. The SoN will give us a sheet of paper(in our packet) with the list of health requirements that needs to be cleared by the doctor before you start the 2nd quarter of classes. Also, we will be registering for classes on orientation day.
- May 10, '12 by Sirena80Oh I see. Cool. When we register for our classes, is it at the university orientation or the nursing orientation? Will they tell us which classes to register for? I'm assuming it probably isn't a good idea to take any additional general ed classes in the first quarter. Sorry I have so many questions, you seem to be the only person I know who has some insight into the process! Thank you!
- hahaha no problem. They will give you a list of classes you need to register for and you will register for classes at home once the orientation is done.
- May 10, '12 by bellescaDo you guys know if we will have clinicals during the first semester?
- May 10, '12 by caligirl21Quote from kosmic2003So I am confused, are we really expected to register for classes the NIGHT before they start?? How are we supposed to plan our schedules (like people who have to arrange childcare for example) if we don't know when our classes will be? And what about people who are registering for general ed classes earlier, they won't know if the classes will overlap or not! That just doesn't seem like an efficient system at all :/hahaha no problem. They will give you a list of classes you need to register for and you will register for classes at home once the orientation is done.
- You will be taking 11-12 units during the first semester of the nursing program. I doubt you will want to overwhelm yourself with all the GE classes.
@bellesca clinicals will start 2nd quarter. 1st quarter classes are our foundation on how to operate in a clinical setting.
- May 10, '12 by Azhandang kosmic, you sure know a lot about this. I still have 4 more GEs to finish, and i can't a lot of the classes i want at CCs. What should i do?
- May 10, '12 by TheLil1No clinical on the first qt
i believe it is all fundamentals =D
basic before practice =D
- Azhan, i think you should take your ge classes on quarters when we do not have much nursing courses. I think during summer we take two classes, that should be a good time to take 1 or 2 of your ge classes