CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - Page 103Register Today!
- Jun 7, '12 by kosmic2003@onesteph
It all depends on how your studying habits are, but usually it will take 2 years to finish the GE's and nursing pre-reqs. Also, with the current budget crisis csu's are experiencing, getting into a pre-req nursing class will be difficult. When I was taking my pre-reqs, I made sure that I did not have two major science courses in the same semester so I can focus on getting an A in them.
- Jun 17, '12 by jumpingfish21@fate4nursing15
Thank you for your advice. It is nice to hear feedback from people that have already been through this path. My goal is to get straight A's in all my classes. I want to be able to get into the nursing program.
Does anyone have any advice?
- Jul 23, '12 by fate4nursing15@jumpingfish21 and onesteph:
Sorry it took so long to respond; I have been really busy and have not checked the website. I took all my pre-req courses at CSULA and finished all my courses in 2 years and applied and got accepted so I will be starting this september. Each quarter was really tough because I did 4 classes every quarter and one quarter I did 5 classes. But I managed to pull through and finish all my classes in time.
I am not going to lie it was very difficult to study and juggle family and a social life, but it is not impossible. Just need to really study, have amibtion and believe that you are able to pull through and get accepted. Always have a positive mind and help people around you. It's good to have a networking system so that you can study with people and help each other out. A lot of the time, the classes you are taking you will take with the same people...so familiar faces and networking with friends is always a plus.
Let me know if you need anything else, more than happy to help!
- Jul 23, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixCongrats Joy! yayyayay And everyone who got accepted!
I will be starting my nursing journey in September as well but not at CSULA, but at CSUSB! Whoo!
So again, congrats for everyone who got in (whether CSULA or somewhere else)!
Its going to be hard work, but I know we will all succeed!
- Jul 23, '12 by kosmic2003CONGRATS !
- Jul 24, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixThanks Sirena!
Have you guys had orientation yet? Our isn't until August. I am so excited to start! Finally after waiting and waiting we can all start.
Congrats again everyone
- Jul 24, '12 by Sirena80No, our orientation isn't till the day before school starts in September! I wish it was sooner because it seems like a lot of us have so many questions. They are running behind and we haven't even received our packets in the mail yet. I'm getting antsy waiting! When do you start?