Commuting to UCLA/Cedars-SinaiRegister Today!
- by SheilaORN May 29, '12Planning to apply to UCLA/Cedars Sinai, My question is about housing, we visited last week and drove around the areas near UCLA, most apartments we saw offers underground or street parking which my husband is against because of the previous experiences with theft of rims etc. We want attached or detached garage, anyone with ideas on places to search for apartment with private garages? Budget $1600. The only places I have seen is in Ontario but that will be a big commute. Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks
- Aug 24, '12 by SheilaORNStill needing help, planning to move by December
- Aug 24, '12 by perioddramaTry searching for it on various sites. Search for apartment listings (padmapper, redfin, etc). Craigslist as well.
Some listings will have pictures, others will not.
Ontario is a bit of a commute. I am sure there is something within the vicinity of UCLA/Cedars. If not, you can try more south and then commute. LA county is fairly big for you to choose from.
- Aug 24, '12 by SheilaORNThanks @perioddrama
- Aug 25, '12 by HollywoodDivaTry the Valley, you might find a townhouse with an attached garage.
- Aug 28, '12 by SheilaORN@HollywoodDiva I'm not familiar with the Valley, I have seen good apts/townhomes with garages but I'm worried of the traffic. How is the commute u know? was thinking Simi valley or Santa clarita. Thanks
- Sep 3, '12 by TheCommuterIt will be impossible to commute from to Cedars or UCLA from Simi Valley or Santa Clarita. The distance is not a problem. However, traffic on Interstate 405 tends to be horrendous and moves at a pace of 25 miles per hour.
You will want to live in places such as West Hollywood, Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, or West Los Angeles for the shortest commute times.
When people refer to the Valley, they mean the San Fernando Valley, which is home to communities such as Canoga Park, Reseda, Winnetka, Sherman Oaks, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Encino, Van Nuys, Granada Hills, Panorama City, North Hills, Northridge, etc. Most of these places are located off Interstate 405 and will involve somewhat of a commute, but not as lengthy a commute as Simi Valley or Santa Clarita.
- Sep 3, '12 by SheilaORNThanks #thecommuter, will check those areas out.