CHLA New Grad Program March 2013 - Page 31Register Today!
- Jan 10 by newgradstephHi heartboo- How long did the metro take you? That was my plan to take the metro, but havent looked into it much. I was told it would take an hour (plus an I would give myself 30 minutes to drive to the station from HB) and then it was possibly walking distance to the hospital?
- Jan 10 by heartbOOYeah we have to take two trains. The blue then connect onto the red line. The blue is a little sketchy but overall the metro ride is about an hour. The red line literally takes us to Vermont and sunset! I would be down to take it if you wanna commute w me! What's your email?
- Jan 11 by itsnoworneverI did clinicals there. The metro is easy to take. I took it from North Hollywood straight in. There's a train that leaves every 15 min toward that area between the hours if 5am and 1pm.
- Jan 11 by newgradstephHi heartboo- I sent you a message with my email. I am actually looking to move to LA sooner now, but we should connect just in case I use the metro in the future it would be nice to have a buddy!
- Jan 13 by chantzI got a call from the manager of the floor I'm going to be working on asking I I have an approval to test yet. My school hasn't even sent in our transcripts yet!! Is anyone else concerned they won't take the test in time? He said the results need to be posted by feb 18th. I'm starting to freak out!
- Jan 13 by heartbOO@ chantz you HAVE to get your school to send your stuff to the BRN ASAP! It takes like 2 weeks to get your authorization to test and then at least 2 more weeks to get tested and your results! You haaaaave to! They'll understand. Especially considering how hard it is to get a job these days.
- Jan 13 by chantzi've tried talking to everyone at school and it just seems like it's out of my control, but i will definitely keep hounding them. thanks so much for the info on the time frames for testing. hopefully i'll make it in time!
- Jan 16 by newgradstephYes, chantz you should literally go get them in person and over night the transcripts to the BRN. It can take up to four weeks to get your nclex results. As if taking the nclex isn't stressful enough..sorry you have this extra hurdle..fingers crossed for you!
- Jan 16 by hilary9Hi Chantz,
I am in the same situation as you are. Did you graduate in december? Because the issue with my school not being able to send my transcript early is that California requires the degree to be posted on the official transcript which takes time. You have to explain the situation to your floor manager and they will understand. If all your paperwork is already into the state hopefully it should only take 2 weeks for you to get your ATT after your transcript is sent. But trust me...Im right there with you!! We will make it, just be optimistic! And they only want your results on the website which does not take as long as getting them officially sent. I know people who have had it posted within a week of taking the NCLEX when they pay like $10 for expedited results.
- Jan 17 by jujubeeeQuote from newgradstephNCLEX RN results may take that long in the mail, but your name is usually up online on the BRN website 2-3 after you take the test (assuming you passed of course).Yes, chantz you should literally go get them in person and over night the transcripts to the BRN. It can take up to four weeks to get your nclex results. As if taking the nclex isn't stressful enough..sorry you have this extra hurdle..fingers crossed for you!Last edit by jujubeee on Jan 17 : Reason: forgot to add words