Hello! I'm a high school senior making college decisions and I'd like some advice. These are the nursing programs I applied to:
- Cal State Long Beach (pre-nursing)-accepted
- Cal State Los Angeles (pre-nursing)-accepted
- Cal State Fullerton (direct-entry)- rejected, but accepted to Health Science major(alternate major)
- San Diego State University (direct-entry)- no decision made yet
- UC Irvine (direct-entry)- no decision made yet
If I get into UC Irvine, I will definitely go there. I'm trying to decide what happens if I don't. SDSU is direct-entry, but I've heard that there's a lot of partying and crime there, so I don't think I want to go there. I want to go to CSULB, but being a pre-nursing major doesn't guarantee a spot in the nursing program. I think I prefer CSULB slightly more to Fullerton.
I know that all of these programs allow you to transfer from other schools EXCEPT Fullerton. Fullerton only allows people who are already students there to transfer into their nursing program. But also they accept very few people into their nursing program and I'm worried I won't able to complete my prerequisites as a Health Science major.
So I have two questions:
1) If I get into SDSU's direct-entry program, is it worth it to go there despite the partying and crime?
2) Which is a better decision: (a) going to CSULB as a pre-nursing major and then applying to all the nursing programs(except CSUF's) after I complete prerequisites or (b) going to CSUF as a Health Science major and then applying to all the nursing programs?
Thank you for your help!