Any COS Visalia students out there? - Page 6Register Today!
- Apr 28, '11 by jon506I am alternate number 8. It really does not sound too promising at this point. If I don't get in, I still have to apply to next semester..it does not guarentee me a spot at all.Last edit by jon506 on Apr 28, '11
- Apr 28, '11 by supermotojenWell I don't want to warrant false hope in any way- but, a lot of people (including myself) when applying for nursing school, apply to numerous colleges and upon acceptance/denial letters, pick their top school. So alt. #8, is not quite a bad thing if you look at the positive side of things..........I will possibly be giving up my spot at COS, because today I received my acceptance letter from COS and was also accepted at my top school 2 weeks ago. So, most likely, I will be moving you one step closer.
- Apr 29, '11 by LuLutheClownSo, I am a current 1st semester student at COS and was so excited for you all. It made my whole day....remembering when I got my acceptance letter. I talked with one of the first semester instructors who says that several people on the waiting list are accepted.....and I was standing with a fellow student, who said that she rejected her acceptance twice...because she wasn't ready to start the program.... So, don't count yourself out.......I think 8th alternate.....might have a good shot....
Good luck..it is wonderful....three more weeks for me until the end of the semester and I still as am excited as the day that I got my acceptance letter....well, maybe not THAT excited....I danced around my livingroom all day...that day.
Good luck.....and hope to see you on campus.
- Apr 29, '11 by jon506Thanks guys! My wife and I are breathing a cautious sigh of relief. She is a nurse as well and knows the anxiety of all of this. So now we are thinking I am number 7 on the wait list!
- Jun 2, '11 by jsrw1617Hello, I am new to this website and need a Ton of advice! I am debating where I should apply for the RN program and if I should finsih my pre reqs at National university........?
- Jun 3, '11 by suelaI would save money and complete pre reqs at a community college.
- Jun 3, '11 by jsrw1617I have all my classes for Fall 2011 however, I have not been able to into the science classes due to the demand at City. COS, FCC, and West Hills all require the same sciences and I could get them done in 6 months at National for roughly $9,000.00. Geezzzz...... That would leave me with a couple more and I would be able to apply to all three schools.........I'm just not sure what to do!
- Jul 20, '12 by acol2I know the last post was in 2011, but could I possibly ask the students who got into the COS ADN Program how you like it and what your schedule is? Us COS ADN hopefuls would love to hear! I applied for Spring 2013!!
- Aug 15, '12 by cht2rnI just started 3rd semester. The program is great and is currently going through some changes which will make it even better. I LOVE that I have class/clinicals 3 days a week (with the exception of the next 7 weeks while we go through the IV certification which will add 1 day a week). I have worked full-time (12 hours x 3 days q week) throughout the program with no problems. (I have a great husband!!) I take vacation days when I need some extra time to study and while we are doing our IV cert. The instructors have all been great, some are pretty tough, and all of them have high expectations.
Good luck to you!!
- Sep 24, '12 by Lucy_03hey there... the wait killing you yet?