What is RN to patient ratio on med-surg units in Scottsdale, AZ?
- 0May 15, '11 by xenka34Hi,
What is the nurse to patient patio in Scottsdale and Phoenix hospitals on medsurg units? In the hospital I work we have 7 pts at night with no unit secretary - so all physician orders nurses enter in the computer themself. My pay is 30 per hour. Due to low census, we are being cancelled once a week ( since the beginning of April). I just wondered, how other places are? I have worked only for one hospital, and I have thought that this is normal. But my collegues are saying that thing are different in other hospitals, and some hospitals have 1:4 ratio on med-surg units for the same pay.
- 7,292 Visits
- 0Aug 6, '11 by AnthonyrnbsnQuote from RNinWhiteHello. Where is this awesome hospital with 3:1 nurse/ pt ratio? I work in the ER and we typically have 6-9 on any given day. When I worked in med surg we would have an average of 8. I want to relocate to az and will probably do travel nursing and need to find a better place to work. It's rough on LIHey, I work on a med surg unit in which we have 3 patients to 1 nurse (4 if we have an aid). We also have a unit secretary and our docs enter in their own orders. I think this nurse to patient ratio is pretty standard for the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.
- 0Aug 8, '11 by SNIXRNQuote from AnthonyrnbsnMayo ClinicHello. Where is this awesome hospital with 3:1 nurse/ pt ratio? I work in the ER and we typically have 6-9 on any given day. When I worked in med surg we would have an average of 8. I want to relocate to az and will probably do travel nursing and need to find a better place to work. It's rough on LI
- 0Aug 9, '11 by mackenziec85Wow...I'm not working as a nurse (can't find a darn job!), but I do work at Scottsdale Healthcare (www.shc.org). Our day nurses typically have 3-4 patients. Night nurses have 4-5. Depending on the floor, the day shift usually has 1-2 aides and a HUC who enters the orders. I'm not sure how the night staffing is. Our new grad pay is $25.50/hour for day shift and $32/hour for night shift.
- 0Aug 13, '11 by AnthonyrnbsnWow 3-4 patients is great. This is a med surge floor?
I wouldn't know what to do with myself with that ratio.....guess I could actually take care of patients. Today was a good day. I only 6 patients in the ER. Yesterday was much worse 8 patients including a 35 year old non traumatic aortic dissection out of the blue. I will definitely take major paycut I az. I'm at 42.88 hour base pay right now and still struggling on long island.
- 0Aug 13, '11 by mackenziec85Yeah, that's how the staffing is for the med surg floors. I don't think I've ever seen an ER nurse with more than 4 patients, either. They're usually pretty well staffed, too. We have something like 60 ER/trauma rooms, and I think they usually have 6-8 PCT/HUCs there at any given time.