The skinny on ASU 2nd degree program - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 8, '10 by az_melanieI don't think this program is new by any means. I knew about it about 2 years ago and the advisor I spoke with said it was VERY competitive. The only thing different btwn this and if you had no degree is that you don't have to take English, Psych, two of the HCC classes and philosophy. She told me the average GPA for someone going into this program was 3.85. Remember, you are getting in to the BSN program, and your 'competition' will be everyone applying to the program whether they have a bachelors or not. Don't mean to sound harsh, just want to present another side !
- Oct 9, '10 by twinietenThey've had regular BSN, and they've had RN to BSN, but the second degree program is new. It isn't competitive because not enough people know about it. Last I heard, they still have half their seats still available. That was a month or so ago, though. Could have changed since then.
- Oct 9, '10 by inspiredRN10My counselor said that he talked to about 20 people who were intersted and out of that 20, only 7 were actually going to apply. The others weren't ready, or the program was too expensive for them. Has anyone heard about the changes that are going to implemented with this new program as well as the traditional program? They keep saying in Novemeber the changes will be solidified and announced...but I am just curious to what it could be...hopefully good changes
- Mar 30, '11 by broghan99Hello all - I am wondering if anyone on the board has been accepted to the ASU 2nd Degree program or knows someone who is? Was really interested to see this post last fall about the program, was hoping someone might have an info update. Cheers ;-)
- Mar 30, '11 by inspiredRN10As of right now ASU has postponed the start for the program...the first cohort was suppose to begin this summer. They may try to start it next year, but as of right now it isnt happening. Such a bummer..
- Mar 30, '11 by broghan99Oh, that is a bummer. Hopefully that gets off the ground next year, would like to know that is an option. Thanks for the update ;-)
- Mar 30, '11 by mommyoftwinksI spoke to an advisor at ASU, and as of right now, they don't have a program. There has been a grant submitted to offer a program, but she will not hear if she has received funding for it until July/August. Hope this helps!
- Oct 24, '11 by AZnurse_2BDid anyone apply for the Spring of 2012? I'm eager to get my letter! Fingers crossed it goes well.