Gateway CC RN Program 2014
- 0Oct 31, '13 by dreams2banurseHi,
Has anyone taken the RN program at Gateway? How is the program? I haven't heard much since I live on the other side of town. I am starting in Jan 2014 and am getting nervous. Also is anyone else starting at GWCC in Jan??
- 1Oct 31, '13 by mrsboots87I'm starting at SCC in Jan, but I have heard that GWCC is one of the better of the MCCDNP programs. I believe it is pretty high on the list for top nursing schools in the state. I dont now specifics about the program, but the school focuses on its medical programs so it should have nice classrooms and sim labs and such i would think.
- 0Nov 2, '13 by twash10I'm currently in block 2 at Gateway and it is fantastic! Very challenging and amazing teachers. Anywhere we go for clinical when people at the hospital hear we're from Gateway they rave on and on about the school and it is known for being a fantastic program and the students having a great foundation when they graduate. When we were in block 1 we were told Gateway had a 100% pass rate for nclex at that time so who knows if it still is now. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to ask!
- 0Nov 18, '13 by dreams2banurseThats amazing to hear!!! I do have some questions. One which I know is bad but are there any smokers that are in school there? I am currently trying to quit so by the time I start I'll have quit but I was wondering. And also, do you have to carry your books everyday? Or would it be better to use an Ipad or laptop? Also, where do they do most of the clinicals? I'm so excited to start but I'm soo nervous.
- 0Nov 24, '13 by rocknazHi! I am currently in block 1 about to go into block 2!… I can only think of one smoker in my class and he isn't a "big" smoker in fact I have never seen him smoke, he just does it on occasion. Definitely a good thing to quit, smoke breaks are not easy to get!
Books- I bring a lap top and use the Ebooks which I love but some people prefer to have a big rolling case to carry them with them to class every day, its your choice! Some people have an iPad but I also found it much easier and faster to have a laptop you will find yourself needing it more often than you would think. As for clinical sites, they change every semester so it is hard to say where you will be placed you should find out early on after starting though! Good luck! You will love it
- 0Nov 25, '13 by dreams2banurserocknaz- Awesome thank you!! I dont smoke at work or at school either it's more social, I just didn't know if there were any issues with the program or clinicals if there is nicotine in my system. And awesome that all helps so much to calm my anxiety! I'm excited to start. Thank you!