Eastern Arizona CollegeRegister Today!
- by CRNAspire Sep 18, '08Dont forget about EAC in Thatcher AZ!!! (East of Globe on Highway 70). I was on a wait list in Phoenix, called EA in November and started in January (finish this December)!! I pay like 750/ semester with tuition AND fees!!!
Just a reminder!!
- Sep 18, '08 by Knit1Purl2Quote from crnaspirehi,dont forget about eac in thatcher az!!! (east of globe on highway 70). i was on a wait list in phoenix, called ea in november and started in january (finish this december)!! i pay like 750/ semester with tuition and fees!!!
just a reminder!!
am i understanding you correctly when you say that you started nursing school in jan 2008 and you are graduating in december 2008? did you go in as a lpn? are you commuting or are you living up there? can you give anymore particulars on the program, schedule, clinicals?
thank you for the information and congrats.
- Sep 22, '08 by CRNAspireI am sorry, I did start in Jan 2007. They hav summers off, unfortunately. They start in the Fall as well. I moved to Thatcher to attend school. Commuting would be tough, Except second through Fourth semesters most clinicals are in the Phoenix Area. Also most core science classes like the A&Ps, micro and Pharmacology are COrequisits. no need to spend a TON of time taking classes before you start, like i did. Tuition is LOW like 750 per semester. There are alot of advantages to this nursing school. I moved her with my family, and we like small towns, so that was not an issue for us!!!!
Any other questions?
- Nov 28, '08 by RUganizaLVNI am looking into attending EAC for my RN. I am currently an LVN and was wondering if you know if they have a LPN to RN program? How is the prgram going for you?
- Nov 30, '08 by CRNAspireas far as i know they do have a LPN/LVN entry point.
school is going fine, i graduate in December!
- Nov 30, '08 by RUganizaLVNWell thats great congratulations!! So clinicals are in phoenix? Isnt that like 3 hours away?
- Dec 1, '08 by CRNAspirei had to travel for the last three semesters for clinicals to the Phoenix Metro area. We rotated through MAricopa Medical Center, and Chandler Regional.
That was tough but it is doable. the hospital here is too small to get really good clinical sites.
It takes about two and a half hours.
Also we did about two to three days in a row to save some driving....
- Dec 3, '08 by RUganizaLVNSo you had carpools and you guys would just stay in phoenix? well that's not too bad. and that was 2-3 days a week?
I received some info and I have to take a test and get an 850 or higher, I guess its to make sure I know enough as an lvn to enter into the program.
We won't be moving to Thatcher until next fall so I still have some time. I am just anxious to finish my RN already! =) You will bee getting ready to graduate by the time I get started, I might have to pick your brain! haha
- Dec 3, '08 by CRNAspireyeah, two or three days. the two days a wek are nice because it is only two days, the three days a week are nice because you get all you clinicals done in like 4-5 weeks!!
it was nice this semester, i was done by 2nd week in october!
there are alot of scholarships that cover travel costs as well.
the first time you go to the nursing departmaent, ask about WIA. It is a federally funded county program that will cover gas and hotels!!!
anyays, good luck!!!
- Dec 3, '08 by RUganizaLVNOh cool I will do that! Thanks for the info... well again congratulations on your success! talk to u again soon =)