Chamberlain College of Nursing BSN Program - Page 12Register Today!
- ---- is my advisor as well. good to know she may be out of the office.. thanks for the info, I guess this weekend will be longer than I expected, while anxiously waiting to hear some news.
Keeping finger crossedLast edit by dianah on Jul 30, '10 : Reason: Removed name, as posting names is Terms of Service violation
- Thanks again for the heads up on ------ being out of the office, shanesmommy. I'm assuming since nothing has arrived in my inbox or spam yet, then most likely the wait is extended until Monday. Its also reassuring to know that we are in the same boat, notification wise, Jessicalou. If u don't mind me asking, what was your score and gpa?
Luckily I have a fun weekend planned to take my mind off of this until Monday. Seeing Lady Gaga front row tomorrow night! Let me know, on the off chance, if you hear anything over the weekend and I will do the same (fingers crossed)Last edit by dianah on Jul 30, '10 : Reason: Removed name, as posting names is Terms of Service violation
- Lady gaga Aye? Awesome! I have a 3.0 and an 86 on the hesi.. I hope that is enough to get me in.. I am just sick of waiting at this point. I would also be let in on block 3 semester 1.. So hopefully that help my chances.. What are your numbers fsunole86, if you don't mind me asking..
I will definitely keep you posted if I hear anything.. Good luck to us both!!
- I have a 3.0 as well, however I don't remember my Hesi. I only had to take it as a formality because my high school ACT put me in the top category in terms of points in that section. I'm not sure what block I will be starting in, i already have a bachelors in human science so I have taken a good amount of the courses already. How did u find out your starting block already?
- Jul 30, '10 by shanesmommyI think I might be in block 3 too! I figured it out based on what I have already taken - A&P 1 and 2, etc. It will just depend on what will transfer for me... You can find the curriculum grid on their website.
- yeah, ------ went over my unofficial transcripts with me and and said that if I were to get accepted, I would place in block 3. I really hope I get accepted, I have never wanted something so badly..
I am sure that if have a bach in human science, that you will be place higher up as well. I believe she said I would have 2 classes for the block 3, but I can also take another class in my next block to even out my course work, so that I remain full time. She said that whatever transfers, those classes will be scratched off your list for what they require, so I have a block where I have only one class, but I am going to take a class from the next block to fill in my schedule.
Does that make sense at all? It's kinda hard to explain and a little confusing..Last edit by dianah on Jul 30, '10 : Reason: Terms of Service
- Jul 30, '10 by shanesmommyI understand what you mean... I have 1 class in block 1 and one class in block 2 to take, but I have taken 2 classes in block 3 already so it should even out if I can take them at a different time and catch up. At least I hope. They haven't reviewed my transcripts yet officially, so we'll see, but anyway I will be happy as long as I don't have to repeat stupid classes.
- Ya, I sat down with my advisor and turns out I have almost half the coursework. My advisor said I would start somewhere in the second year depending on what they choose to accept. Then again, I hear what they accept can vary with each candidate. I'm just hoping for an acceptance at this point, then I'll focus on getting my credits transferred lol
- Jul 31, '10 by Jessicalouhopefully you get accepted AND they accept your credits... how great if you were to have most of your work complete? Hope you're having fun w/Gaga tonight. And Good luck come Monday. Hopefully we all will have a reason to celebrate
(Me begging) haha
- Aug 1, '10 by Ready2HelpQuote from kln1189Sorry it has taken so long to respond...busy, busy with school! It's going really well. Finished and aced Critical Care so can't complain...know that it can be done! I'm looking forward to graduating in February too! I know that there were a lot of people that were waiting to see what happened when the first class graduated, well they did and the school now has a 100% pass rate on the NCLEX. And hospitals actually have had great experiences with the students so far. It is expensive and the professors can't cram everything in to your head, you obviously have to be willing to work for it...but it CAN be done!Ready2help...
Have been following your posts to see how you are enjoying Chamberlain? Do you find that you are learning enough? Ive seen that you have done plenty of research and it seems as if Chamberlain is fully accreditted. I'm looking into Chamberlain after finishing a couple more prereqs. Do you have any advice? I dont want to waste my time, nor my money, to go to a school that doesnt leave me with enough knowledge to pass the boards, nor one that will look bad for future employers.
Also, what type of nutrition class do they require? Im trying to take one online through community college, but have no clue which one to take. As well as economics. I do all my online classes through Rio Salado Community College and they only have two economic classes...principles of Microeconomics and then macroeconomics. I cant afford to pay $620 per credit to take them at Chamberlain, so Im trying to find and take them on my own.
Thanks for any information you can provide. I appreciate it
I took a nutrition class at a community college several years before and they took it. The one that they offer is 4 credits and mine was only 3 so not sure if it really matters. I'd call an adviser because I know they have changed a few things since I started. I'm actually taking an online Econ class right now and it is the Principles of Economics which combines Micro and Macro, so you might need to find one that combines both. I would definitely take all the non-nursing classes before but remember that you may not qualify for as much financial aid...make sure you take that in to account...especially since it is so pricey!
Let me know if you have any other questions!