Central Arizona College ADN program
- 0Jun 4, '09 by nnicoleeI just signed up to attend CAC today and I was wondering if any of you fellow ALLNURSES members have ever gone through this program? From what I understand (mathematically anyway ) is that it would take me two years (that's including pre-reqs and CAC has no waitlist luckily!!!!) 7 semesters (I'm starting this Summer 09 ending in Summer 11) so it seems like a good deal so far. From what I understand, I will also gain CNA certification and my EMT license along the way. If any of you have done this nursing program, I'm really interested to hear what you have to say! Thanks for reading, I hope to hear from some of you
- 1,892 Visits
- 0Jun 6, '09 by rmacharrieI am currently in the nursing program right now. Unless you specifically enroll in the EMS class (which is separate from the Nursing program), you aren't able to get your certification. You can however get you LPN after the first year of the program and an LPN course.
- 0Jun 11, '09 by nnicoleeQuote from AZMOMO2No I have not gotten it yet, I don't think I'm going to do their ADN program anymore (I'm just getting my pre-reqs done @ their school). In summer I think I'm going to transfer to Grand Canyon University for my BSNHave you gotten your CNA yet? Its a requirement for the nursing program but is not a part of it and does not guarentee placement directly into the Nursing Program.
- 0Jun 12, '09 by nnicoleeQuote from Dannie78Hey Dannie, I am currently getting my pre-reqs done there and one thing I will tell you is STAY AWAY.I am looking into this program since Phoenix just takes so long to get into. Does anyone know how many slots they have each semester and on average the amount of applicants?
This school is nothing but a scam. Honestly if you need financial help, they WILL not help you at all. I've been fighting for two weeks now to get money that is rightfully mine (I have numerous grants for early graduation, academic competitiveness, pell, etc) and they will not release ANY funds. If you're willing to deal with them giving you the run around I would say go for it, but honestly it's not worth the fight. The adviser I had was NOT HELPFUL AT ALL (read my post here- http://allnurses.com/pre-nursing-stu...or-397866.html ) about her dishonesty and misinformation. All in all, I have to stick it out at this program until I get my pre-reqs done ,but after that I'm out.
- 1Jun 15, '09 by rmacharrieI have been with CAC since August of 2007 when I started my CNA course, and I havent had any issues with any department, including financial aid.
Im sorry you are having so many issues.
I happen to love this school and I am very happy that I decided not to wait on Maricopa's waiting list.