Banner Good SamaritanRegister Today!
- by momofsix May 23, '07Anyone here work on the maternity unit at Good Samaritan in Phoenix? What do you think of the unit and/or hospital itself? Thanks
- May 25, '07 by HoozdoQuote from momofsixI have never worked on the maternity unit, but it has a good reputation for complex multiple births. The hospital is OK to work at, but located in a bad neighborhood. Rule out living near the hospital.Anyone here work on the maternity unit at Good Samaritan in Phoenix? What do you think of the unit and/or hospital itself? Thanks
- May 25, '07 by GlinaAre you talking about Good Sam an T-Bird and 56th Ave? Is that Good Sam? Is that really a bad neighborhood?
Quote from HoozdoI have never worked on the maternity unit, but it has a good reputation for complex multiple births. The hospital is OK to work at, but located in a bad neighborhood. Rule out living near the hospital.
- Dec 1, '08 by kittycatloverI've worked at Banner Good Sam L&D for many years. Altho we ARE in an inner-city neighborhood and many of our patients are in a lower-income group, I would never work anywhere else. Even patients who do not live in the neighborhood chose to come to us, over and over again. And I truly believe the reason why is because we deliver high-quality, loving care, no matter what their ethnicity or income level is.
- Dec 1, '08 by KMM03I think they're talking about good sam on 51stave North of Indian School...right??
That was veery sweet kittycatlover..well said
- Dec 1, '08 by kittycatloverThanks for the nice words, KMM03.
Banner Good Sam is actually at 12th Street and McDowell. The hospital you are thinking of, at 51st Avenue and Indian School, is Maryvale Samaritan, not even a Banner facility any more. And I don't think they even do OB any more!
- Nov 20, '09 by TravORNurseI don't know about L&D, but I had a very bad experience working in the OR of this hospital.
- Nov 24, '09 by passionate23Hi kittycatlover,
I was wondering if Good Sam offers any student nurse shadowing oppertunities? I am interested in OB and ER and really like Good Sam, I have done volunteer work there and really liked the hospital.