2018 Spring Nursing Article Contest - 3 Winners $200 Each!!
Although Spring has officially begun, the weather has been very odd across the country. You may have seen glimpses of Spring with warmer weather, blossoming trees, and Spring flowers, only to get snow the following days. The weather may be unpredictable, but it's time once more for the allnurses 2018 Spring Article Contest. Everyone is invited to participate.
More than 150 inspiring articles were submitted for the Winter Article Contest. This might be a record. While we are busy reading and selecting the top ten for you to vote on, let's get started with the next contest. Wouldn't it be great to break another record with the number of articles submitted for this contest? We are ready to give away more money.
If you've always wanted to write about your nursing experiences but don't know where to start, this contest is for you. You don't have to be an experienced writer. You don't even have to be a nurse with years of experience. allnurses is a great place to try out your writing skills and possibly win some money. This could be the start of a writing career for you.
Next month is Nurses Week, a time for others to express their appreciation to the nursing profession. As an expression of our appreciation, we have a special surprise just in time for Nurses Week. The top 3 articles as voted on by a poll of the members will receive $200 each! The prize money has been increased....just because you deserve it. What you have done and are doing makes a difference in the lives of patients, families, and communities. We want to thank you.
Articles must be submitted between April 1st and June 29th.
$600 in Cash Prizes! The top 3 articles will win $200 each.
You can write about anything nursing-related for the contest.
Do you need some inspiration?
Read through some of the articles and threads posted in the past year. What are nurses talking about? What are some of the issues? What do nurses want to know? What does being a nurse mean to you?
Thousands of nurses from across the country will be headed to DC for the #NursesTakeDC rally April 25th & 26th to fight for safer staffing. allnurses will be there advocating for the nurses and quality patient care. What kinds of unsafe staffing are you experiencing? We would love to share your stories when we go to Washington DC.
This contest is for everyone: experienced nurses, brand new nurses and students. We don't get enough articles from students. What are some issues you are facing as a student? The chances are there are others who are struggling with the same issues. Share tips on how you are making it through nursing school.
Do you need a few helpful tips?
TIP 1: Articles written with a casual style and answer a frequently asked question are popular with our readers.TIP 2: Articles that describe a personal experience will resonate with the readers and usually get the most repliesTIP 3: The more descriptive and grammatically correct the article is, the better the response from the community.TIP 4: Articles written by members who provide helpful feedback on other articles and threads will usually get more views, comments, and shares.
Here are some suggestions:
- Provide How-to on specific nursing tasks. (good for newbies)
- Share your most chaotic unforgettable day (no real names please)
- Share your most gut-wrenching moment with a patient (no real names please)
- What was the funniest thing you have seen (rated G)?
- Share an inspiring nursing story
- Provide insights/challenges for the typical xyz nurse
- Nursing and Humor
3 Winners - $200 Each!
- Check , punctuation, .
- Must comply with our contest rules and Terms of Service.
- Must have a minimum of 600 words and be nursing-related.
- Must be submitted between April 1st and June 29th.
- No plagiarism
- Articles will be reviewed and approved by staff for consideration before displaying publicly.
- Must be unique; cannot be listed on other websites, blogs, article sites, books, etc. prior to posting on allnurses.
- Must not contain advertising or embedded self-promotional links.
- You may submit multiple articles.
- Please do not use colored text or excessive formatting.
- You grant permission to allnurses.com rights to publish in social media, magazines, books, etc. You will be notified and credited if published.
Want to submit an article? Start here: How to Submit an Article
So... Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and a snack and start writing. You could be a winner!
About tnbutterfly, BSN, RN Admin
Joined: Jun '06; Posts: 25,173; Likes: 18,137
allnurses Community Manager; from US
Specialty: 30+ year(s) of experience in Peds, Med-Surg, Disaster Nsg, Parish Nsg