Uab- amnp how many accepted each year?Register Today!
- by lbuac Apr 6, '11I see many of you all got accepted into the AMNP program this year at UAB. Congratulations to you all! I'm curious if any of you know approximately how many are taken each year and how many apply? I've heard as many as 300 apply but only 60 get in. I've also heard only approximately 120 apply and 50 get in. I really want to get into the program for 2012 and I was just curious what I was up against. If anyone knows, I'd love to know. Thank you!
- May 9, '11 by kab325I was wondering this too! I plan on applying for Spring 2012 entry.
- May 23, '11 by bkc313Hi! I'm applying to the spring 2012 class and I was told that 50 are accepted and usually around 150 apply, and out of those who apply, around 80 are called in for an interview. They have informaiton sessions every Wednesday at 1pm. I went to one last fall b/c I was planning to apply to the summer class this year, and it was really helpful. Are you guys still working on your prerequisite classes?
- May 24, '11 by rejeannes18Have you already applied? I'm also interested in the program.
- May 27, '11 by bkc313Yes, I've already applied. Are you interested in the spring 2012 program?
- May 27, '11 by rejeannes18Yes I am.
- May 27, '11 by rejeannes18I'm taking classes this summer. Are you finished with yours?
- May 27, '11 by bkc313Yes, I finished my last prerequisite earlier this month. Which ones do you have left?
- Jun 15, '11 by int135Hi, i just got accepted by the pre-nursing program at UAB. I'm wondering if anybody who applied for pre-nursing or nursing can usually be accepted?
The other thing is that I can go to a local community college for the pre-requisite courses for nursing which is cheaper. Is there any advantage of being a pre-nursing major at UAB? what is the acceptance rate from pre-nursing to nursing?
Thanks so much!
- Jun 16, '11 by bkc313I took almost all of my prerequisites at a community college. (The others I already had from undergrad.) I don't know if there is an advantage to being a pre-nursing major or what the acceptance rate is. I originally applied to the second degree BSN program that will start this fall. When I applied they classified me as "pre-nursing" but that was only because I had to apply to UAB first and then my advisor had to verify that I had the required prerequisites to apply to the nursing program. I would recommend that you go to one of the AMNP information sessions because they give a lot of information and you can ask questions.
Hope this helps!Last edit by bkc313 on Jun 16, '11