Jeff State Fall 2012 - page 13
by kngsbard 29,028 Views | 165 Comments
I noticed there were threads for the other semesters, so I thought I would get this one started. There's another week until the deadline, but I've finished everything I can do. Now it's just waiting. I'm hoping to start the... Read More
- 3Jun 21, '12 by n.igmatic1I just wish they would offer the option of ebooks. I have an ipad and my child has a kindle fire, and they are MUCH easier to carry and deal with than bulky text books. I used my ipad for Biology and algebra last semester and loved carrying around a 1lb device verses a combined weight of 12 lbs.
- 0Jun 21, '12 by ShaniqawaSpeaking of weight, I need to lose some before classes start. I'm kind of depressed to be obese and going into nursing. I hope people won't look down on me for being a big girl and I hope I'll have the physical stamina to do a good job. How do you all stay in shape and is anybody else worried about their weight?
- 0Jun 21, '12 by kaesmith2011Shaniqawa,don't feel like that. You should only want to change your appearence for you, to make YOU happy. not because of what someone might think of you/ Have you tried Zumba? It is sooo much fun and really gets you in shape quick if you stick with it . I also have Wii fit that works well too...but I may have been slacking some over the summer :spin: and gained a few, I am by no means tiny but I am geting to where I like how I look. Just a lil bit of weight to go
Rachfitz44 I sent you an email
- 0Jun 21, '12 by n.igmatic1Shaniqawa, I agree with kaesmith2011. You have to lose weight or make any changes for you, not for the expectations of others. I also love zumba, and have the dvds since I rarely can get to a class between working, class and raising a family. Depending on what your current level of fitness is, I would suggest starting slowly, add 15 minutes of walking each day and start substituting 1 unhealthy food choice for a healthy one, and just add healthful choices and more exercise gradually. If you go on a strict diet, chances are you will feel deprived and fall off the wagon. Also find a way to deal with stress, cortisol can add to your waistline just as badly as a pack of twinkies. As much as I would like to say that I look like Salma Hayek, I don't; but I do try to practice what I preach. :spin:
- 1Jun 23, '12 by nbrakefieldI play Just Dance 3 on the Wii. I have definitely gained my 15 pounds by coming to college, plus I just changed medications so I am having to fight the change in hormones so I am trying my best as well to keep my weight down.
On a different note, I received a text from a friend from high school today who is in his 4th semester at jeff state nursing school this summer. He graduates in the fall. He is passing down everything he used his first semester and told me that as long as you are dedicated you will do fine! I am so thankful to know people who have already gone through it!
- 0Jun 23, '12 by kaesmith2011LOL I am pretty sure we all now about the freshman 15..or 25 lol nbrakefield :/ but about your friend passing the books down, I was told they may change the editions so make sure you have the right ones. I also think someone on here said they will finalize the schedule on July 9 so you should know by then if the books are correct I hope they are for you to save some money
- 1Jun 23, '12 by nbrakefieldYeah, I figured some of the books would change, but he is passing down his notes and study guides and things so I am excited! I love just dance! There are several great songs and the moves aren't too hard for people who do not have a lot of dance background. lol.