Anyone going to CACC?
- 0May 23, '08 by 2bnurselove08Hi! Just wondering is anyone going to CACC? I am taking my pre reqs there now hoping to get into the nursing program this fall. I took my ENG 101 two years ago and quit without withdrawing and I am taking that over and goin to ask for course forgiveness and 3 more pre reqs will they see the grades from this semester in enough time to decide that I can get into the nursing program for this fall? I am trying to get into the LPN program. If anyone has any advice for me please feel free. Thanks, Niki
- 0Jun 10, '08 by 2bnurselove08Hi! YAY! Someone finally replied to this thread! I am trying to get into the LPN program. I have finished my math. I am taking BIO 201, PSY 200, ENG 101, and MUS APP now. I know you do not have to have all of these for LPN but I plan on doing the LPN-RN mobility program not long after I work a while with LPN. I made an 81 on my reading compass test and I had an A in math...I have no idea how to do the point system so I really don't know how to do it. If you know how, would you mind adding my scores up. I can't remember my exact high school GPA was but I know it was about 3.2-3.5. Where are you from? Looks like you have a really high score!!!! I will be saying a special prayer for you!
- 0Jun 12, '08 by RNDLI am from Alpine. I have finished all my pre-req so I'm just waiting for the letters. My husband will make me go back to work if I don't get into the program. CACC is not the most organized place so I'm a little concerned about things getting lost.
If you can, try to get all your pre-req stuff done first. Is there a reason why your not going for the RN now? My sister-in-law is doing the mobility and she kicks herself daily for not getting it all at one time.
I really don't know what classes you have to have for LPN so I'm not sure what your points would be. I know CACC gives points on GPA as Jeff State does not.
Good Luck sweetie.
- 0Jun 13, '08 by 2bnurselove08Hey! I have heard of CACC losing things so I have contacted the director of nursing at CACC many times to ensure that she has everything. I am going to LPN because I need to start working alot sooner than two years...I have two little boys under the age of 3 and I don't want to put more on me than I can finish. Good luck with getting into the program..I don't think you will have any trouble if you have 195 points, I think only 200 are available. Where is Alpine?
- 0Jun 18, '08 by bamamama77I'm waiting for CACC, too, already took most everything I could take and have a perfect GPA, hoping they don't lose anything of mine b/c I've already gone in there and made sure they had everything for my file and they didn't have my transcripts from past college or high school in my file....it was in a misc stack of papers b/c it was in my maiden name. I would have DIED if I'd spent the last year bustin' my tail only to have them lose something! If I don't get in at CACC for some reason, I'm transferring to Jeff State for the fall and applying there in the spring.
Good luck, everyone!
BTW, hey Dana! This is Steffi!