Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 28Register Today!
- Feb 25 by hi616Oh okay just curious if you got yours sooner if you were closer. I'm about the same distance so hopefully I get something today.
- Feb 25 by MMarch71I hope you do too! We interviewed the same day.
- Feb 25 by hannahzpDid anyone else receive the financial aid email today? I'm still waiting to hear if I've been accepted.
- Feb 25 by oau3Yes, I received it
- Feb 25 by hewoodsYes, I got it! And I'm still waiting to hear too. It's terrible!
- Feb 26 by litchick91Who's planning on going to the open house this weekend?
- Feb 26 by KoKeI received the financial aid email yesterday. I called today to ask about the status of my application and they told me it was still under faculty review. Even though my application reached them before December 1st, the secretary in admissions told me that my application was processed on December 3rd. So, I don't know if that counts as "Priority" or not. I tried asking her when the committee/faculty would meet again to review applications, but she told me that she didn't know. She welcomed me to call as often as I like since it's rolling admissions.
Unfortunately, I'm not heading out to open house this weekend. My interview to texas and philly were on the expensive side, so I'm waiting to hear back from vandy before I come visit.
- Feb 27 by hi616KoKe-
I sent in my application on Nov 25th and didn't get an email until December 7th saying it was processed and mine was still considered priority. I got my letter on Monday saying I was on the wait list.
- Feb 27 by bubblejet50Im applying this december for a fall start for the dual FNP/midwife program but the admissions lady told me they only accept 5-8 BSN applicants a year! Im already nervous and to wait 3 months for a decision sounds horrible!!
- Feb 27 by Feld321Here's a brief overview of Vanderbilt's admission process. All applications received complete (complete = all documents including GRE scores) between Sept. 15 and Dec. 1 are considered priority review. The admission counselors (2 of them) process (prepare them for faculty review) well over 500 applications, with most people submitting close to or on Dec. 1. Specialty Directors are usually ready to begin reviewing and interviewing in late January after the holidays and once they get their classes started. Some specialties i.e FNP, NMW, NMW/FNP, PMHNP will conduct phone interviews with qualified applicants. In some specialties the Program Director will review the applications and make their decision solo, others that receive a large amount of applications will have their faculty help review and typically they will meet as a group to make their decisions. Again some specialties receive fewer applications so they can make their decisions faster and can notify the applicants earlier. Others due to the large quantity of applications received and conducting personal interviews take longer to notify applicants. Depending on the Specialty Directors decision there is a Student Admissions & Academic Affairs (SAAA) Committee that can have a final say on the decision i.e. the director wants to admit an applicant that has a GRE score and/or GPA below the minimum or unfortunately, the directors decision may be to deny admission. I hope this helps everyone & good luck!