Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 27Register Today!
- Feb 20 by litchick91Fairly sure hi616 is right on this one. I think you have to be on campus for the first year if you're pre-specialty. Pre-Specialty Entry | Master of Science in Nursing | Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- Feb 20 by oau3Thanks Sarah and kms!
- Feb 20 by joellieeeeSo I was too excited to wait until the Open House next weekend to meet everyone so I started a Facebook group for those who were already accepted for this upcoming Fall 2013! (Search: Vanderbilt School of Nursing - Accepted Fall 2013, or http://www.facebook.com/groups/292954304167219/)
- Feb 20 by simmapleaseI see that the website says that non-RN students must be in Nashville for the pre-specialty year. But if I am graduating nursing school in May I will be an RN. So I'm not sure if I am required to relocate or not. I emailed ******* to find out more.Last edit by Esme12 on Feb 25 : Reason: TOS/no staff names pls
- Feb 20 by hi616Simmaplease- if you haven't seen it there's another Vanderbilt thread for this years app cycle. "Vanderbilt grad entry 2013" is the name I think. It might be helpful since you'll be an RN and of the students over there are non-specialty students.
- Feb 21 by bbccSimmaplease - what's your specialty? The list on the right here: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) | Vanderbilt School of Nursing shows which specialties are offered distance and not - it looks like for RNs, everything except Acute Care / Geriatrics is possible!
- Feb 25 by Keats717Hey for all you looking for places to stay during the visiting weekend, there are a couple hostels in the area that may suite you. I don't know the names off hand, but just google hostels Nashville and you'll find at least 4, one of which is right next to the nursing school! I'm staying there at $50 a night, which is a heck of alot cheaper than the hotels in the area! They even offer a really good price ($17 round trip) for the airport. Seeing as this trip already cost me $500 for the airfare, I'm glad I could find cheaper places to stay! Good luck all and look forward to meeting you on campus!
- Feb 25 by MMarch71Hi All-
I've been a long time lurker on this forum...I too was one of the ones who received the "still under review" email. I got my acceptance letter in the mail today for FNP Pre-Specialty, so keep the faith. Good luck to all.
- Feb 25 by hi616Congrats!! I am FNP too but haven't heard yet so I can't wait to get home to check the mail. Are you close to Nashville?
- Feb 25 by MMarch71@hi616
I'm in VA, in Williamsburg, about 650 miles from Nashville.