Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - page 24
by blackbird singing 94,240 Views | 452 Comments
Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012. Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for... Read More
- 0Feb 22, '12 by blackbird singingQuote from amandy45I wish I could go! I work all that weekend, so I can't. I went to the one in Fall 2010, though, and it was very informative. Where are you flying in from?Is anyone who was admitted planning on attending the bi-annual open house on March 3rd? I am planning to attend, and I'm trying to figure out flights. If anyone else is going I would love to talk and try to meet up on the day. Also, any tips on flights, etc. would be helpful!
- 0Feb 22, '12 by ch0c0latefiendHi All!! Congrats to those who got into their program of choice at Vandy!!! I got my FNP acceptance letter today as well. I'm so excited b/c Vandy is my first choice. We all worked so hard to get here and I'm glad it is working out for us all. I will be coming out from California. @KN4321 and @dedicatedone, where will you guys be coming from? Are you set on Vandy as well?
- 0Feb 22, '12 by amandy45@blackbird singing: I am flying in from southern California. I really want to go, but tickets are so expensive! I think I'm just going to go ahead and do it though, because I think it is incredibly important to see the school and experience everything in person
@KN4321: CONGRATS on being accepted! That is so exciting! Like I said above, I am from California! Tennessee is quite a change for me, but I couldn't be more excited. Where are you from?
- 0Feb 22, '12 by amandy45@ch0c0latefiend: Thank you so much! Congrats to you as well!! I think Tennessee is going to be a great change from what we are used to. Are you going to the open house on March 2nd?
@dedicatedone: Congratulations on getting into Columbia as well!! That is so wonderful! Do you have a first choice? The open houses are bi-annually, so the next one will be after we already start our first semester...Enjoy Columbia to the fullest, and I will fill you in on all of the great information from Vandy once we return from visit days! Deal? haha
- 0@amandy45 - Thank you!!! No first choice as of yet - just waiting to see how things shake out and see how i can begin to finance such expensive programs as I am sure everyone is in the same boat. I would love it if you could please fill me in with all the details about the program. I am definitely considering Vandy at this time and any information would be amazing. I may try to see if I can fly out the weekend after and schedule an appointment with the SON while I am looking to make a decision. Columbia's deadline to accept is March 15th. UCSF won't even have an answer to us by then I don't think.
How many out there are torn with other programs? How are you dealing with making such a life altering decision?