Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - page 2
Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012. Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for... Read More
- 0Sep 28, '11 by macl1234Hello all!
I am going to apply to the Vandy FNP program for fall 2012 also. I took the GRE today, but they only gave a range of what your GRE would have been on the old scoring system. I got between 1090 and 1290, but who know where I will land in the range (hopefully on the higher end). Does anyone know chances of getting into Vandy's distant learning program based on the follow stats.....3.64 GPA, ASN from WSCC, BSN from ETSU, between 1090-1290 on GRE, and no experience.
Thanks a lot and I appreciate any info that anyone can give me.
- 0Sep 30, '11 by pink.berryHey!
So glad that I found this. I, too, am applying to the FNP/CNM program. I took the GRE Monday and am so glad its over. Slightly anxious about getting that writing score in November. I'm currently in the BSN program at Emory and have very little work experience besides working as a nurse technician for less than a year but I'm loving my maternity clinical and know its what I want to do. Anyone else applying with minimal work experience? It's nice to find others in the same boat
- 0Sep 30, '11 by macl1234Hi there pink.berry....
I do not have any experience either! Are you going to the open house next week? As for the writing score....I am nervous about it too. I did the Score-it-now practice. I did achieve a 5 on it some of the time, but other times I only scored a 4. Waiting until November is the hardest part for me because I am not feeling very patient....lol.
If you dont mind me asking, how did you do on your verbal and quantitive portion?
- 0Oct 1, '11 by pink.berryHi macl1234
Is nursing your first degree? and no, unfortunately . Verbal 580-680, Quant 750-800 yes, the wait until november is no fun at all. if you go to the open house please let me know how it is! Maybe they'll give you a better idea of how much experience really matters
- 0Oct 5, '11 by STA51Im considering applying for the pre-specialty and PMHNP program, but I will have a degree in social work in May of 2012. I'll have to take my prerequisites during the summer of 2012. Does that mean I won't get a letter of acceptance or denial until I finish these courses? I just now started looking into this program, so I don't know much about it. Thanks!
- 0Oct 5, '11 by blackbird singingQuote from STA51I'm pretty sure that you can still apply without taking all the pre-reqs, but from what I have heard, your application won't have much weight if you still haven't done ANY of them by that time. Truth be told, I'm sure there is someone out there who has done it, but I think they use those basic, basic pre-reqs to get the best representation of how you will do in nursing school. And you must have completed some by then... how can you do all of those in only one quarter!!Im considering applying for the pre-specialty and PMHNP program, but I will have a degree in social work in May of 2012. I'll have to take my prerequisites during the summer of 2012. Does that mean I won't get a letter of acceptance or denial until I finish these courses? I just now started looking into this program, so I don't know much about it. Thanks!