Msn fnp interview at duke university - Page 3Register Today!
- Good to know. Thanks!
- Jul 30, '12 by uncRN1984Hey everyone! I'm on the waitlist too for the FNP program for spring. I'm hoping for the best, but I don't know anything about this particular waitlist and the chances of admission from it. Has anyone heard anything?
- Hi! I called the school this afternoon because I'm on the wait-list as well. I asked if there was anything else I needed to do at this point and they said no. If a spot opens up, they will contact us. I asked the lady if, from her past experience, if people actually get accepted off the wait list and she said yes. She also said that the committee ranks us on the waiting list and when taking more students, they start from the top but were not able to tell me where on the list I am ranked. I'm pretty disappointed, but still hoping for a chance. Good luck to you too!
- Jul 30, '12 by uncRN1984Thanks for the info! I wish you the best of luck too! I wonder though if there is a way to find out our rank? I'm sure it would make a big difference to be #1 or 2 compared to let's say, #20.
- Jul 31, '12 by rgbrnI called the admission office today and was told that they are still in the process of sending out the decisions and that I should get an email soon (the email will tell me to me to check my "apply yourself" account). I felt a little reassured after talking to the school today...but I'm still anxious since I haven't heard anything yet :-(
The person I talked to in the admission office said that the admission decision will be "dropped" into my "apply yourself" account "very soon"....and that I will be informed whether I am accepted, wait-listed, or denied.
Good luck to everyone who applied. I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but have made peace with the fact that I may not get in...even though I gave it my best shot. I have been re-thinking my back-up plans and will apply to both Western Carolina U. and East Tennessee State U. if I don't get into Duke.
- Aug 5, '12 by AP0525Anyone hear any details about the wait list? Like, when would we know anything by?
- Aug 7, '12 by uncRN1984I talked to the admissions office today and they told me that there is a wait list and it is ranked, but that they do not give out information regarding individual rankings at any point during the process. The office did confirm that there is a hard deadline for accepted applicants to accept or decline (Aug 9, I'm assuming) so I'm guessing if we were to find out anything, that it would be hopefully soon. There is always the chance though that someone does accept and declines later on so I suppose there is always a small chance of being accepted until the semester begins, but for me, if I didn't hear anything by late-September, I would assume everything was pretty much decided.
- Oct 25, '12 by HeartsPugsBSNi was just notified i've been accepted off the waitlist. its a last minute decision so maybe others are still going to be notified from the waitlist as well soon
- Oct 25, '12 by AP0525I got accepted from the wait list today too! Yay!!!