Failed the AANP and ANCC - page 11
by hope1272 | 104,883 Views | 179 Comments
Hello everyone So I took the AANP in March 2011 after taking the Fitz course, and failed (personally I didn't think I was ready), but I thought I would try. Then I purchased the Barkley Assoc CD and Home Course and studied... Read More
- 0Sep 5, '12 by Georgia RN03Quote from kourt2213So sorry to hear you did not pass, but this too shall pass. You WILL be successful next time. Take a few days away from studying, cry, yell, feel sorry for yourself then get back at it. Find out your weak areas and study, study, study. APEA.com has a great question bank where you can chose what area you want to test yourself on and the number of questions. Everything happens for a reason and God didn't bring you this far to leave you.I just took that AANP FNP exam yesterday and did not pass. As with most comments on here, I was devastated. I really felt like I was prepared for the test, and obviously I was not! I felt like i didn't know the answer to over half the questions. But i always did really well on practice tests. I did the Fitzgerald review course and had no doubts that I knew all the information. If anyone has tips on what I can do to better prepare I would really appreciate it!
- 0Sep 6, '12 by aslingtlThanks, tinabeanrn. I am going to try to focus on the Barkley material more. I believe his material is more focused on the ancc exam. I made a list of some things that were on my last test that I was unsure about such as the Chinese beliefs and many herbs uses such as black cohosh. The biggest part of that test seemed to be based on things like case mgmt, quality of care, risk mgmt and roles of the np. I did not study/ focus on this much before I tested last time so I will do a more study regime for this. The research designs kind of three me off as well so I will just have to study more. It is just taking a big toll on my life, marriage and everything else. I have never been this bad off. And when you don't have money it seems like everyone is fighting. I have tried to get several jobs and none of them have worked out. I have to pay 340 just to take it again. I am upset and a little mad at myself but I know god will move in this. He has a perfect plan for my and my family. It just waiting and the standing still part so god can move. Just pray for my family and I. We really need it. And if anyone knows anyone interested in study material such as m. Fitzgerald CDs (new update,2011 with 17 CDs) her question preparation book, leiks book, and A. hollister question preparing book. I will be selling them for 325.00 all together. Thanks everyone.
- 0Sep 6, '12 by Jane33 RNkourt2213,
I am sorry to hear that you did not pass the exam. That is a very tough exam. I know just how you feel. You did prepare for the test its just when axiety sets in it makes you feel like you don't know the answers. Look at my previous posts regarding how I studied. I did the Fitzgerald CDs. I thought they were good but I felt that Maria Leiks review was better fit to prepare me for the AANP exam. I am praying for you and I believe that you will pass that test! Don't give up! Don't over do it! Study for a couple hours a day especailly areas on the test that you felt you were really weak in. If you take that exam again you will see the same material presented in a different way. You can do it! I am praying for you!
- 1Sep 6, '12 by Jane33 RNAslingtl,
Please be encouraged! I know just how you feel. Failing the exams took a toll on me personally. I put out so much money that I didn't feel like I would ever recover! Not to mention the stress and heartache!But God works all things out for your good! When you put this behind you you will appreciate God even more! This is a test from GOD! This situation may feel overwhelming but it is a small situation. There is nothing to hard or big for God! God bless.
- 0Sep 10, '12 by LovanurseThis website is a great resource for the ANCC or AANP exam! The questions were so similar to the exam, it was scary. If you decide to buy the questions, buy all of them instead of one at a time (like I did) because it costs alot more money. it is well worth the $112!FamilyNPprep.com - Login
- 0Sep 11, '12 by TinabeanrnAslingtl, post a thread that you are selling them on here. I know its been a rough road. I'm struggling trying to make ends meet and borrowing $$ like crazy. And I'm not even In your same boat. I passed way back in May. and it has taken me this long to start working. but the huge gap is really taken a toll on my life. my student loans will be due momentarily. so believe me I understand your pain. it will get better for both of us. We just gotta keep your head up . you and your family are in my prayers please keep me and my family in yours .
- 0Sep 11, '12 by helloluvkittieI'm taking the Adult AANP in 1 week...I've done Fitzgerald's CDs and review book, as well as Leik's review book. Has anyone taken the Adult AANP exam recently and can help narrow in on specific areas that were on your test???
I'm aware that every test is different, but it might put me at ease to review specifics before next week.
- 1Hi mbrady,
I failed the ANCC in June and took it again on 9/10/12 and passed. I also took the AANP on 8/27/12 and passed. I took both because since I failed in June I was afraid that I would fail again so I created a back up plan. It is best to study using the online resource that I used. Its called familynpprep.com. A friend of mine recommended it and it became a staple in my studying. Its mock exams online that are timed. you can buy them in bundles specifically for AANP or ANCC. You can also use a discount code for 10% off the price of the practice exams. It is SAVE-SLLT. I also used and recommend the Marye Kellerman's Necessary Np book because it had LOTS of the ethical, theory and Np role. You can only buy it from her website though. necessaryworkshop.com. I hope that this helps...I know it helped me greatly.
- 0Quote from kourt2213Kourt2213,I just took that AANP FNP exam yesterday and did not pass. As with most comments on here, I was devastated. I really felt like I was prepared for the test, and obviously I was not! I felt like i didn't know the answer to over half the questions. But i always did really well on practice tests. I did the Fitzgerald review course and had no doubts that I knew all the information. If anyone has tips on what I can do to better prepare I would really appreciate it!
So sorry to hear that you didn't pass. I too had the same happen to me with the ANCC during the summer then I took it again last week and passed as well as I took the AANP and passed. I studied from Fitzgerald (and took her course and have her cds), Leiks, Hollier, Kellerman and a website familynpprep.com which has data base full of questions that you can buy in bundles. My friend/classmate recommended this site and I love her for it and have to share it with others who are in the same position that I was in. She gave me a coupon code to use to save 10% save-sllt. I have to say that I couldn't have passed without and I want everyone to know about it. Spread the word and you will do wonderfully next time. Give your self plenty of time to study...write down the rationales to questions that you got wrong in a note & review them. I even recorded myself reading the rationales so I can listen while exercising. You just have to figure out what works for you.