Happy Nurses Week cards... - Page 2Register Today!
- May 9, '12 by GHGoonetteAh, forget the cards, it's the neat little gifts we wait for
Not so much from our employers - their gifts are dependent on what cheapo gadgets arrived in the container from China, but we get great stuff from reps, and there's a particular pathology firm that always gives us something worth having!
- May 9, '12 by FuzzyI'm a vet tech. I can tell you that we get nothing during National Veterinary Technician Week in Oct. The whole week is just another week for us. sadly I think that most practices do the same thing.
- May 9, '12 by JisforJanethahaha we get one 2 hour per 12 hour shift of making your own sundaes. They hold ours from 7p-9p one night during the week. What a joke. From 7-9 we have patient assessments, meds, prns, a few admits carried over from shift change. Night shift never gets to participate and they usually include all hospital personel at the same time.
- May 10, '12 by bookscrapperI got a card from my dad saying how proud he is of me. And I got put on call last night and wasn't called in...WooHoo!
Went to the brunch at work this morning (was worse than your typical hotel breakfast), tomorrow they're offering Cinnabon (I'm not working tomorrow), and there's a picnic for lunch on Friday (I'm working Friday night so I'll be sleeping).
Oh well, we certainly don't do it for the gifts or recognition.
- May 10, '12 by RNCMSN[QUOTE=brian;6461298]How is your Nurses Week going so far? Get any cards?
This year I was looking forward to nurses week because I was glad that after 22 years, I still love what I do and I was looking forward to the recognition. So far, there has been nothing. Not even a verbal, "Hey, Happy Nurses' week!".
I was feeling a bit glum about it and then I realized, I too had done nothing to acknowledge my peers, mentors and leaders. I had also failed to show honor and respect for the dedication of my friends and coworkers.
So here it is, Thursday.
Happy Nurse's Week you all!!
Be proud, stand tall and keep on going.
You're the best.
- May 11, '12 by jrbl77for the past 2 years, we have had a clown come to the floor to bring us cheer and a few pieces of candy. she usually arrives during morning med pass- alot time to chat and have fun then! I am fine with clowns, I just don't think sending one to a nursing unit for nurses/ hospital week is the right kind of message I want to recieve. How about just a big thank you for all you do.
- May 11, '12 by chenselmomThe Peds Hospitalists on my unit brought in a bunch of food on Tuesday, which was nice, even though it was their secretary that arranged and delivered it all! LOL. My hubby sent flowers to me today here at work. That's a first in our 10 years of marriage! But hey, I love it either way. I think it's a time to give thanks to and recognize other nurses, not just expect food or gifts from administration, because we know how often that happens.
So Happy Nurses Week to all of you out there!
- May 13, '12 by SENSUALBLISSINFLNice they are at least trying.
- May 13, '12 by GitanoRNQuote from sensualblissinflyes i agree some of these facilities are tying therefore, we shall give them a e for effort, but we are still a long shot from making sure that every nurse from every state is recognized not only by their peers, but by all communities, facilities, and most of all the media which has a very low portrait of our beloved career. until next year... aloha pumehana~nice they are at least trying.