Which state to get initial license?

Nurses New Nurse


Hi everyone!

I'm a second semester student in CA, but I don't have much hope of getting a job here. I'm very much considering moving to Ohio because I have connections at a hospital there. My question is if I get a solid job offer, should I have my NCLEX results sent to Ohio and be licensed there initially? Do I have to physically be in Ohio to do that?

There's still a glimmer of hope in my heart that I'll be able to find a job here in CA, and if so I don't know if having my license in Ohio is going to cause a big headache and take a really time when I try to endorse it back here.

I'm going to start applying for jobs next semester and hopefully I get an offer from somewhere in CA...

I'm just so conflicted and I don't know what to do. Any input is appreciated!

Which state is easier to get endorsement with after you already have your license?

Specializes in NICU.

Go to the BON websites for each state and see what the initial licensing process is vs. endorsement, then make your decision.

+ Add a Comment