What recourse legal or otherwise is available to me?


I am a first semester nursing student with a history of anxiety and depression. Yesterday on the hospital floor, the stress got to me and I resorted to a former maladaptive mechanism - cutting. It had been about four or five years since I last did that. My clinical instructor wants to dismiss me from the program. We are having a discussion about this next week. I don't think she willl be moved. What recourse legal or otherwise is available to me? I thought I might have her speak to my therapist. I don't know. Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. My husband doesn't know about this. I was in the ER yesterday and discharged with the dx of anxiety reaction. I am very concerned.

Trauma Columnist

traumaRUs, MSN, APRN

165 Articles; 21,215 Posts

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU. Has 31 years experience.

Per our terms of service, we can't offer legal advice. Best advice if you think you need legal assistance, is to contact a lawyer.

This topic is now closed to further replies.