Jump to content

What if i get my Master's


Hello i am Ryan Viernes a BSN holder and currently a LVN license holder as well and i live in CA... regarding this thread i would like to ask is it possible if i take the Masters in USA can i be eligible to take the NCELX for CA... i already pass the RN license examination for Hawaii.... can some one help me in the best way possible thank you

Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 33 years experience.

Generally you will still have to meet requirements as RN so if you have discrepancies with hours then them hours will still be there

JustBeachyNurse, RN

Specializes in Complex pediatrics turned LTC/subacute geriatrics. Has 11 years experience.

CABRN looks at the credentials that initially gave you eligibility for entry to practice as an RN (your original BSN). Most MSN programs require you have a current RN license for the state where the school is physically located. So to do an MSN in CA you need to have a CA RN license