Jump to content

VA Proficiency Nurse I to II Assistance

Specializes in Med Surg.

Hello... I am also trying to write for Nurse 2 (currently Nurse I Level 3) and have been denied a couple of times already, although have several years of experience and a BSN.

Work really hard day everyday, initiated a few projects and attended workshops. Also mentor new hires on a regular basis as well.

I am not that great at writing and unfortunately have had no success getting help within my unit. It seems like I am on my own🙁

if anyone is willing to share some examples, a sample proficiency and/or pointers, that would be greatly appreciated!

I am really frustrated at this point...

email: riscellular@gmail.com

Thank you much in advance!

Hi, did you have to write for your Nurse I upon hire as well? I am tentatively hired as a Nurse I level 3..

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

No I did not. I was hired as a Nurse I Level 3 as well. All the best with your stint at the VA...

I found a sample template, I will send it to your email now. Let me know if it helps 🙂

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

Thanks Blessed85, that’s greatly appreciated!

I will be on the lookout for it.

do you get the board to look over your previous evaluation yearly? I'm also RN 1 Level 3, has been denied last year.. when do I hear about my board action for the previous year? I have no help in my unit, and it really frustrating. As an RN1, we get reviewed yearly? am I correct? I emailed my manager about the previous board action for my last evaluation, but he hasn't replied to my email yet... please advise.

Alison Kirkpatrick RN

Specializes in Pre-Op/PACU/OR/Endoscopy.

I am actually an NPSB board member. Please solicit a board members help when writing. They will not be able to vote after they help you, however, they may be able to help. Some hints, wordy is not better, be to the point. Pretend the people reading it are not nurses and have no idea what you do. They will want you to show outcomes and sustainability. Precepting is great. It is a convoluted, subjective system, I hope one day they replace it. Good luck!

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

20 hours ago, maxpuppy said:

do you get the board to look over your previous evaluation yearly? I'm also RN 1 Level 3, has been denied last year.. when do I hear about my board action for the previous year? I have no help in my unit, and it really frustrating. As an RN1, we get reviewed yearly? am I correct? I emailed my manager about the previous board action for my last evaluation, but he hasn't replied to my email yet... please advise.

Correct, the evaluation is yearly. In our facility, the board responds within 1-2 months of submission.

19 hours ago, maxpuppy said:

https://vaww.VA.gov/nursing/npsb_rsrc.asp

try that website! theres so much examples on how to write your proficiency.

sunamibozo@Yahoo.com

Unfortunately, the above link is not working for me.

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

1 hour ago, Alison Kirkpatrick RN said:

I am actually an NPSB board member. Please solicit a board members help when writing. They will not be able to vote after they help you, however, they may be able to help. Some hints, wordy is not better, be to the point. Pretend the people reading it are not nurses and have no idea what you do. They will want you to show outcomes and sustainability. Precepting is great. It is a convoluted, subjective system, I hope one day they replace it. Good luck!

Thank you for the tips Alison, it's greatly appreciated. My paragraphs contain on average 7-8 sentences per sub-section( What was the issue/action/outcome etc.) Although they have meaningful content and I show outcome/sustainability-maybe I need to shorten them? Any thoughts on writing a reconsideration? Should that be even shorter?

check you email @nursey20

Alison Kirkpatrick RN

Specializes in Pre-Op/PACU/OR/Endoscopy.

What is your email address? I will send you the one I wrote when I was approved for nurse 2.

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

Thanks Alison! it's risceullular@gmail.com

Very much appreciated.

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

1 hour ago, maxpuppy said:

check you email @nursey20

Thank you maxpuppy.

please send me one too if you don't mind.

sunamibozo@Yahoo.com

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

11 minutes ago, maxpuppy said:

please send me one too if you don't mind.

sunamibozo@Yahoo.com

Check your email...

nursy20, BSN, RN

Specializes in Med Surg.

19 hours ago, Alison Kirkpatrick RN said:

What is your email address? I will send you the one I wrote when I was approved for nurse 2.

Just realized that I am having some issues accessing the email address that I provided earlier. Another one would be nursyva20@gmail.com

Thanks again for the hints and for being kind enough to share your knowledge with fellow nurses. Be blessed!

On 7/9/2020 at 9:49 AM, nursy20 said:

Just realized that I am having some issues accessing the email address that I provided earlier. Another one would be nursyva20@gmail.com

Thanks again for the hints and for being kind enough to share your knowledge with fellow nurses. Be blessed!

Would it be possible for you send me an example my email is ineh89@Yahoo.com. Thank you!

castleberry10

Specializes in DOU.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:57 AM, Alison Kirkpatrick RN said:

What is your email address? I will send you the one I wrote when I was approved for nurse 2.

Is it possible for you to send me an example too.Thank you .

my email is

thecastleberry10@gmail.com

On 7/8/2020 at 10:57 AM, Alison Kirkpatrick RN said:

What is your email address? I will send you the one I wrote when I was approved for nurse 2.

Is it possible to send me the same as well? I need help as well. Thank you.
Freshinsandiego@gmail.com

×

By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.

OK