Jump to content

US trained RN wanting to work in Canada

Registration   (469 Views | 2 Replies)
by Aditi Sripati Aditi Sripati (New) New

49 Profile Views; 1 Post


I just finished my RN from upstate NY. Thinking of moving to back to Canada. Wanted to know if anyone has in recent times gone through the process of having their degree evaluated and successfully started practicing as an RN in Canada?
I understand a 2 year associates from a US college only allows you to work as an LPN in Canada. But I have a bachelors degree in Science from a Canadian university. Would that help me practice as an RN even when I move?

If anyone can shed some light on this situation, that would be great! thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

NRSKarenRN has 43 years experience as a BSN, RN and specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

5 Followers; 10 Articles; 15,045 Posts; 166,760 Profile Views

Lots of discussion in the Canada forum: https://allnurses.com/canada-c63/

Canadian RN licensure requires a BS in Nursing and passing their NCLEX exam.

NNAS is the National Nursing Assessment Service for Canada and the US, and this is the first step to getting your license is to register with this online service. https://www.nnas.ca/


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Silverdragon102 has 32 years experience as a BSN and specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

8 Followers; 1 Article; 39,277 Posts; 145,992 Profile Views

Moved to the Nurse Registration forum 

The only real way to find out is submit application to the college and see what they decide once they review everything 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.