Transfering LPN licence to alberta



My wife is working as an LPN in Saskatchewan. She is working as full time LPN for the last one year. We would like to move to Alberta. She is graduate from India. Does she need to write english fluency test again? She has passing score for english proficiency in SALPN.

Kindly advice.

By the way, I am john, working as an RN in saskatchewan.


3 Posts

Hi itsmejuli

Yes I did. But It doesn't say much about it. there is an email link for inquiry. but i would like to hear from somebody who experienced it.

Pediatric Critical Care Columnist / Guide

NotReady4PrimeTime, RN

16 Articles; 7,358 Posts

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology. Has 25 years experience.

That's a bit of a long shot, John. There won't be many IENs who have moved from Saskatchewan to Alberta. I would guess that CLPNA will want an English proficiency test result that is less than 2 years old, no matter where one has been working.

joanna73, BSN, RN

1 Article; 4,767 Posts

Specializes in geriatrics.

Every Province has different requirements for IEN's. From what a couple of IEN's at work told me, they have higher requirements for registration in AB. You would be best to speak directly with CLPNA. Each case is assessed individually. It depends.