Jump to content

Transfer of Test Results From California to Vermont

by obetquicho obetquicho (New) New

Hello everyone! I am confused on what to do with my NCLEX result. I took and passed the NCLEX-RN exam on September 2009 for the state of California, although i passed, I could not obtain a license because I don't have a SSN because I am from another country.

I spoke to some of my friends and advised me to transfer to a different state so I can obtain a license. Does anyone know how or where to start? How much? Thank you so much, comments and suggestions is highly appreciated.

Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 33 years experience.

Starting point would be applying to new state via application by exam and then arrange for CA to forward results to new state. You can not endorse as you have no license to endorse

JustBeachyNurse, RN

Specializes in Complex pediatrics turned LTC/subacute geriatrics. Has 11 years experience.

Do you have a social security number yet? If not don't bother with VT a SSN for initial license has been mandatory for a few years and for renewal effective this year.

You still would be applying for an initial nursing license by examination as an IEN but transferring your nclex pass result. Most states require credentials assessment from CGFNS