at a friend's suggestion, i e-mailed one of the professors at the school where i applied for the accelerated bsn program for this may - i have already heard a "yes" from the other school i applied to, but for lots of reasons (distance, cost, etc) i don't know that i'll be able to attend that school, so it's down to this one. after sending my overall gpa and prereq gpa (3.25 and 3.8) he responds back: "yeesh. you are right at the teeter point with that. we have 300 applicants for about 60 positions - let me look more closely at the applicant pool and i'll get back to you tomorrow" (he was at least really good about getting back to me quickly) so now i'm freaking out and feeling like i'm going to have to wait yet another year to fulfill my dream - even the local 2 year programs have over a year-long wait list themselves, so i wouldn't be able to start anything until next may. plus, that 3.25 gpa is an entire undergrad degree plus a few prerequisite courses - even if i took 2 classes a semester from now until next year, i doubt i could raise it up by more than a tenth of a point (to 3.3) by then. ugh - this is so frustrating! i don't know what to do.