Texas Licensing from Arkansas

  1. I am currently an LPN living in Arkansas...where I went to LPN school and am licensed. My husband has joined the Army and we are going to live in Texas until April, then moving to California. Since I'm only going to be in Texas for a short time do I have to get a TX license? I am keeping all my Arkansas driver's license and still have a home and address in Arkansas. Since TX is a compact state can I not work on my Arkansas license for that short of a period of time? And then when we get to California, apply for a CA license???? Thank you!
  2. Visit mcsarahdonald profile page

    About mcsarahdonald

    Joined: Oct '06; Posts: 1


  3. by   sirI
    hello, mcsarahdonald and welcome to allnurses.com

    go to the tx bon here: http://www.bne.state.tx.us/faq-licensing.htm

    below is from the list of faqs

    b. in texas (and most compact states) we require some type of formal declaration. you cannot assume you have the compact privilege just because you have one or more of the items above. in texas, you must declare your home state on you examination application, endorsement application, renewal form or separate declaration of primary state of residence form, whichever is applicable.
    download the application and follow the directions.