Demand for entry level psych NP versus psych nurses

Specialties Psychiatric

Published

I am interested in pursuing an ABSN and working in psychiatric nursing.

I have been exploring the job ads and it seems there are a lot less psychiatric RN jobs compared to the other nursing specialties (not taking into account psych NP jobs, which is a totally different job).

For anyone with experience in this specialty, how is the demand for entry level psychiatric RNs compared to other nursing settings? Should I be worried about potentially not finding an entry level position as a psych nurse upon graduation from an ABSN? (if it makes any difference, I live in California)

Specializes in Psych, Addictions, SOL (Student of Life).
IDK if they're TJC or not. I think TJC and CARF are hogwash, but that's beside the point.

I've never heard of a certified food handler in my life, lol. And yes I've been around the block and have the scars to show for it. I know about servsafe but cooks and such don't have to be individually certified. In my land, felons are often working in commercial kitchens, lol. Of course, not so much in the hospitals or nursing homes.

In California a certified food handler has taken a course usually on-line which covers food safety and hygiene practices. I got one a few years back so I could cook hot dogs for my son's Boy Scout campout. ( I thought is was ridiculous.) That same year my son was in the front yard selling lemonade to earn a pair of Jordan's , I was with him when the police drove. At first I thought they were buying lemonade and I walked up to tell my son to comp them. They actually asked if I had a food handler's certification. Lucky for me I did otherwise I would have had a $50.00 fine. But that's California for you!

They attempt to regulate everything! Go Nanny State!

Hppy

I think that's pretty much anywhere civilized..:sarcastic:

+ Add a Comment