CNAs and HUCs should be paid more!

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in ER.

I saw on the news, Amazon is instituting a minimal wage of $15 per hour. I think that's great. The founder of Amazon is one of the richest people in the world. He started a successful and useful company! His workers deserve a sliver of the pie.

I think it's high time that CNAs and HUCs are paid what they're worth. Hospital CEOs make obscene salaries. These hardworking, underpaid workers need to make at least a living wage.

These companies rake in the money, then the taxpayers pick up the slack in government assistance to help these people survive. These folk need to be paid a fairer wage!

According to Salary.com, the national average for CNAs is exactly $15/hr. Most CNAs I've worked with make around that amount especially if they have some experience. It's not easy or glamorous work but considering there's minimal education requirements, I think, in general, this is an example of a job where someone without much education or investment can earn a living wage. It's not CEO pay but the education and knowledge required to turn, transfer, and toilet is quite different from that required to run complex organizations (not a value judgement, just a fact).

Specializes in Medical cardiology.

Sure. Everyone that works hard should have the ability to increase their salary with experience.

I think it depends where you live, though. Like the PP mentioned, hospital aids here make around $15 to start. That's what I made at a local hospital as a cardiac tech which was entry level. I also know that a friend of mine from school with 5 years experience as an aid made $18 at a hospital about 30 minutes from me.

+ Add a Comment