I need ideas

Specialties School

Published

Here's the deal, I LOVE school nursing - at least the kind of school nursing I'm used to. In the past, I have worked elementary and middle schools with > 800 student population and have always been on my own. It fell on me to do everything - imms, H&V screenings, seeing kids as they come in, etc. Now, I'm at a smaller elementary school 70 schools) and I have a health assistant that does everything I used to do, including seeing kids. Don't get me wrong, it's great! It's also, well, kinda boring.

So far, the biggest job I've had since the start of school on 04 Sept, is to review the new student charts to ensure all the paper work is there and in order. My health aide is great and super organized, so I only see these charts once they are put together and she has sent out the required letters or called home for the missing stuff.

I need a project. Something that makes me feel like I'm doing something. I want to feel meaningful. Does this make sense or do I sound like a whiner?

What have you done at your schools? If you had time, which apparently I do, what would you like to do?

Specializes in school nurse.

Develop in-class health trainings for the littles, coordinate with the teachers so as to not disrupt academically sensitive times.

Heck, I've even changed into gym clothes, brought my rockin' Itunes playlist and my BOSE and done movement groups with the kids. (Just bring in stuff to "freshen up" if you do that...:cheeky:

Newsletter?? This is something I have thought about with focus of the monthly concentrations. But I do not have the time I would need.

+ Add a Comment