Listing a presentation on a resume

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hello!

Looking for some resume advice. I'm applying for a teaching position, and would like to list a presentation that I did at a national conference last year. Google is telling me to use AMA or APA style, but it just doesn't look right on a resume to me. How have you folks on allnurses done this before?

Thanks!

Either style should be acceptable. However, you might review the program's website for their preferred style. If you are unable to determine this, you might consider APA as it seems to be more commonly used in nursing academia.

I'm curious as to why you feel neither is appropriate.

Best wishes.

Specializes in Nursing Professional Development.

My resume and vitae includes a whole section on "Selected Presentations" -- all typed in APA format. Using a standard format (such as APA) is the proper way to go. Perhaps you can make it look a little better by creating a special section for presentations, special projects, etc. so that it wouldn't be standing alone quite so much. It would be in a group of "odds and ends."

Thank you both.

It was my first and only presentation- I wanted to include it, but it looked silly standing alone. I think having an "odds and ends" section is a great idea, and I actually have a few other projects I can put in there.

Thanks for the advice!

+ Add a Comment