Illinois Jobs

Nurses Recovery

Published

Hi,

Asking for a friend... but does anyone know of any potential jobs in Illinois (preferably around the Rockford area) that would hire a nurse on probation?

1 Votes
Specializes in psych, med-surg, oncology.

Following!

I can now answer my own question...CSL plasma and Grifols are two different plasma companies that will work with probation. They have different locations in IL. The person I asked this question for was hired at one of them, and they were both willing to work with her probation. Good luck to everyone!

I just interviewed at Grifols this week. They didn't even ask what my probation was for, just continued along with the interview like they weren't bothered at all. Fingers crossed!

1 Votes

Never heard back from my interview at Grifols. I have an app in at CSL and waiting to hopefully get a call...

If you all have any other ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

I'm in IL and work in a large nephrology practice. Dialysis is recovery-friendly because there are no controlled substances in the units. And at least in my area of central IL, there is always a need.

13 hours ago, traumaRUs said:

I'm in IL and work in a large nephrology practice. Dialysis is recovery-friendly because there are no controlled substances in the units. And at least in my area of central IL, there is always a need.

Thanks. I have applied to a local Davita and haven't heard back either. I'm in the Chicago area. I don't know if there are just too many nurses up here that companies won't consider hiring a nurse on probation. And I just heard back from Grifols today that I wasn't selected. :(

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Oh I'm sorry - you might also try Fresenius dialysis if they have any nearby - best wishes.

Illinois just passed a new law stating that if you have a felony or misdemeanor they can not deny licensure if it has been five years from the date of the original charge and you completed the terms of the sentencing. Also, it does exclude crimes against children like sexual battery, molestation or serious ones like murder.

Thanks. I applied to Fresenius last week. I was lucky to not have any charges filed against me. My probation also only stipulates that I do random testing and quarterly reports, so I thought I would have an easier time than this.

+ Add a Comment