Working PRN in TPAPN

Nurses Recovery

Published

I think this is allowed but I really am not positive. Does anyone work PRN in TPAPN or other monitoring? I am way past my 12 month requirement of 64 hours per month and have 4 months left in Tpapn. I am really struggling to balance my work and family life right now and would like to go PRN. I am wondering if I have to tell my CM at this point. I would like to continue to stay under the radar and contact her as little as possible!

My understanding is that one once you have worked 12 months straight in nursing, that obligation is done. You no longer even have to work in nursing as long as you got the 12 consecutive months in. I had called after my 12 months of work and talked to my CM about working a non nursing job and she told me you don't even have to get approval for that, only if change nursing jobs.

I worked PRN as a home health nurse, picking up additional patients as needed by the agency I worked for. I think you will be fine, as long as all the monitoring stipulations are still in effect, like you've got a nurse supervisor who is aware of your participation in TPAPN, you're not floating to other departments where the manager there may not be aware that you're in TPAPN, etc. If it's simply a matter of taking your current job and dropping down to fewer hours, you'll be fine.

+ Add a Comment