ITALY, AVIANO!

World International

Published

Hey! So, my husband got orders to Aviano, Italy & I was wondering if anyone knew how applying to a nursing school goes about overseas? Does anyone know the closest school to attend from the base? I plan on trying to talk to a military career advisor because the last civilian advisor one I talked to said, "I don't know anything about overseas, you're going to have to figure that out on your own" ): I just don't know which schools are the closest, how to apply, etc.

If anyone could help me out that'd be great!

he leaves in late august

thank you!

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Nursing schools differ in each country and you may need to be fluent in Italian to be able to go to school there

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

You should.plan to go to school in the country you plan to eventually practice..

Foreign nursing school.presents many barriers to American licensing.

my friend who actually went to school there last semester (for only a semester since she didn't want to stay) said they have english programs, that's how she was able to do a semester there & come back to the US. That's why I figured you could apple to one of the english programs (kind of like studying abroad I assume)?

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.
my friend who actually went to school there last semester (for only a semester since she didn't want to stay) said they have english programs, that's how she was able to do a semester there & come back to the US. That's why I figured you could apple to one of the english programs (kind of like studying abroad I assume)?

Doubtful that a nursing program would not require you to be able to communicate with patients in their own language. Was your friend in a nursing program?

she just told me she was studying medicine /: i'll have to ask her. I just don't want to not be doing anything (career wise) while being in Italy w/ him

+ Add a Comment