Terrified of Nursing School

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

It's time for me to take the TEAS and apply to my school's nursing cohort and I'm terrified. Let me start off by saying that I've wanted to be a nurse for 8 years and have never wanted anything more and have a huge passion for nursing and the medical field. My nursing school is one of the most competitive nursing schools in the state, but I love my college and don't want to go anywhere else. I've only heard how difficult and torturous nursing school is and it scares me to death. I'm so scared and overwhelmed that I've been unable to start studying for the TEAS and don't know what to do. I know deep down that I'm very capable of being a great nursing student, but the daunting nature of nursing school has me seriously doubting my abilities. I've got to change things if I'm going to go through nursing school, but don't know how. Did anyone feel the same before or during nursing school and have any advice on how to overcome this problem? I want to be a nurse so badly and this overwhelming fear is the only thing in my way. Please help me figure this out! Thank you in advance!

It's time for me to take the TEAS and apply to my school's nursing cohort and I'm terrified. Let me start off by saying that I've wanted to be a nurse for 8 years and have never wanted anything more and have a huge passion for nursing and the medical field. My nursing school is one of the most competitive nursing schools in the state, but I love my college and don't want to go anywhere else. I've only heard how difficult and torturous nursing school is and it scares me to death. I'm so scared and overwhelmed that I've been unable to start studying for the TEAS and don't know what to do. I know deep down that I'm very capable of being a great nursing student, but the daunting nature of nursing school has me seriously doubting my abilities. I've got to change things if I'm going to go through nursing school, but don't know how. Did anyone feel the same before or during nursing school and have any advice on how to overcome this problem? I want to be a nurse so badly and this overwhelming fear is the only thing in my way. Please help me figure this out! Thank you in advance!

That's dramatic. Think of how many nurses there are in the world. Yeah, it takes some effort ...but you're not required to build a space ship or to breathe underwater. Just read the material, then show up and answer the test questions. Answer them correctly, of course.

Nursing school isn't that much harder than your other college classes. What throws a lot of people off when they get into application based science classes is that you can't memorize your way through them. You have to learn the concepts, but also focus on applying those concepts to a real-world situation.

Instead of treating this as school, treat it as job training for an entry level nurse. That's the mentality you need. You're not just learning a disease and how it's treated, you're learning a disease and how to actually treat a patient that has it.

It's a lot of common sense too. Once you know the diseases and the procedures, just use basic rational thought. Like, this problem lowers people's appetites, should they 2 big meals a day or a few small meals a day?

+ Add a Comment